• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Then toss him in the river. That covers up a lot after he's been in the river for a while."

That was the best laugh I've had in months. You are one twisted hombre. I needed that....

"Hey, Cap'n, you wanna go camping?"

Last edited:
Advice

DiamondJim,

Lots of varied responses. Mostly, the advice you've received so far is to document everything, and either to confront the CP or do not confront him.

As a reader of a message board receiving limited information from only one perspective, it is difficult to ascertain your actual situation. You need to sit down face to face with an objective and informed third party and get some perspective before you ruin someone's career or, for that matter, your own career.

If you are flying with someone who poses a physical threat to others, then you have a moral and ethical obligation as a professional pilot and human being to do something about it. If he is in fact a thief, then you have a moral and ethical obligation as a professional pilot and human being to do something about it.

"Snitching" is something criminals do to other criminals. Unveiling some scumsucking thief from his dark little hidyhole is heroic.

If he is a thief and you find your sack, go straight to the top and let them know first that you don't want his job!!! Then tell them he's ripping them off. Prove it with facts and make sure you do it all before your career gets flushed!! Time is a factor here. If he's stealing, its only a matter of time before some bean counter figures it out. Don't get caught in someone else's self-imposed purgatory.

Thanks All

Thanks for all of the imput.... It helps to see all the variations of what needs to be done and by the different opinions I think you all can see what I'm going through... It's not as easy as it seems at first glance.

I've been here now for about 18 months. I have the list intact and even have the smoking gun as someone suggested. Now it's just time to take action. It's really scarry when I have a family to support and the job market being as it is. I know it has to be done though. I'm not going to confront the CP for the reasons mentioned... I have a good relationship with the CEO and I think going to him is the only way. I spoke with him today but couldn't get away from CP to lay it all out..... Funny how this guy will not let me out of his sight when the big guy's around. It's like he knows what I'm about to do.

Thanks for all the help on this matter.... DJ

DJ,

Just a couple of ideas from a CP's perspective. Better make sure that what you document is some good stuff. Not some petty stuff like taking a few beers out of the fridge after a 14 hour duty day. Remember that the CEO has trusted this CP for some time now and might not care if he is stealing. Also,remember that corporate aviation is a very small field and everybody knows everybody. If you get painted a snitch you will probably have a hard time finding any quality jobs.

On the other hand there is a lot of bad people in aviation and they really don't do anybody any favors. Having one bad apple CP might convince the CEO to close the flight department and he might convince his buddies to close there flight departments too.

There are lots of opprtunities to steal in corporate aviation and personal integrity is something a lot of people lack.

For your sake DJ, I hope this CP is a real bum, because people like that really make it difficult for everybody in this business.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back