• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Near-miss MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt on that flight is a 1986 hire that is now a Capt again. On the Nic he is placed below a 1999 AWA First Officers. It was a PHL crew.

M

...and what the "Doosh" conviently forgets to mention is that the 1986 hire at USAir is at the same relative position on his old USAir seniority list as the 1999 hire at AWA is on his old AWA seniority list. The sooner these fools realize the difference between longevity and seniority , and that longevity at one's own airline does not a senior pilot make, then and only then will we be able to get a pay raise. Until then look's like it's gonna be lowest paid to the last day, eh, boys ?

PHXFLYR

Last edited:
Capt on that flight is a 1986 hire that is now a Capt again. On the Nic he is placed below a 1999 AWA First Officers. It was a PHL crew.

M

Ah, yes .... a PHL crew .

Real "men of genius "......:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR

Expertly handled by an east crew- just like New York. I am so proud of my colleages!

Expertly, how? They just got lucky. I'm really glad no one was hurt. I want to know if the Beach 99 pilots read back his immediate left turn instructions. If not, then the controller should have mandated a readback. If he did, then he almost killed a bunch of people by not following through.

Expertly, how? They just got lucky. I'm really glad no one was hurt. I want to know if the Beach 99 pilots read back his immediate left turn instructions. If not, then the controller should have mandated a readback. If he did, then he almost killed a bunch of people by not following through.

My thoughts exactly, well said..

Hugh Johnson wrote:

I call bull crap that he heard the plane go by.

On the contrary... I hear planes at the upper altitudes go over us sometimes and we have 1000 feet separation. Granted I have to be above about FL370 and I have noise cancelling headsets. But it's a E190 and it's not a quiet cockpit.

These guys were close... I'm sure one of them heard the other...

Tailhookah​

Latest resources

Back