• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Near Collision on Ground at Midway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Almost 100 yards laterally on the ground. Doesn't sound that close, sure its close enough to get your pucker up for a moment, but it sure wasn't I could see the color of his eyes kind of stuff".

Either way, it was good the FO saw it and reacted.

Its good its was 1200 RVR

Nice pic Ralph. I am not a Chicago fan, but I always thought that view would make a nice pic.

The Miracle square Mile.

I haven't been to MDW in at least a few months but I've had controllers there give me non-standard instructions when crossing runways. They have cleared us to cross two runways at once and told us to hold short of 22L without telling us to cross 22R. Neither would have created an issue but the non-standard instructions were odd.

I've been based in MDW for 9 years and I can't remember seeing anyone taking off on 31R during that time. 31C all the time and 31L occasionally for corporate or smaller.

MDW controllers do a great job moving a/c here safely and efficiently. Looks like they screwed this one up but thankfully the crew visually cleared the runway before attempting to cross. After landing is a busy time for a SWA FO and this one did a great job to prevent an accident. Thank You!

Latest resources

Back