• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neal Boortz comments on DAL Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask him if we sold $2 billion in stock just before 9-11 to inflate our stock options? That was our fault. Nah, we couldn't have used that to pay off some debt or anything like that.... And, ask him if we approved the sale of the fuel hedges. Then ask him where those people are that did that, and how much money they got when they left. Lastly, ask him if he eats his own poop?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Medeco said:
UHhhhhh. In a round about way, he was/is.

And Georgia is a right to work state so the comments from the guy assuming there is not a worker near the Microphone under contract or union is wrong.

General Lee, Im sorry, but I betting Scope is out the door, regardless of what your reps say.

We shall see.

Medeco

Say what? Scope is out the window? What? Nobody here wants to allow more than 70 seats. I talked to a Captain rep, the most senior of the bunch, and he said NO WAY. Lee Moak is a 737-200 Captain, and he would be affected the most, since the larger RJs would replace his plane, and he is the MEC Chairman. You don't think they tell the negotiators that? Riiiiiiiight. Now, I don't know if some scope issues will be relieved a bit, like more 70 seaters allowed etc, but I doubt much more will happen. Everyone I have talked to said they would say a big NO to any agreement that allowed larger RJs. We shall see indeed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well, a lot of people think it was Frank Lorenzo who murdered EAL.

He's around here somewhere, so I'm sure he'll weigh in with his opinion soon.

Lorenzo

I realize that he was the cause of Easterns failure. I was actually thinking about the final nail in the coffin. Though I certainly don't blame the Mechs or any labor group for that matter, who could work for that ass under those conditions. It is almost exactly what NWA workers face today.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back