• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neal Boortz comments on DAL Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure that Boortz is under contract. I wonder what he would say if the management at his station/syndication company was in a mess and told him that he was taking a 50% pay cut even though his job performance/ratings were satisfactory.

Last edited:
HalinTexas said:
In an ideal world, we wouldn't need unions.

It's not an ideal world.

I hate ALPA. They're aren't worth the money I pay.

DALPA will settle on a concessionary contract right before an 1113(c) petition is filed with the court.

I will ask Neil this, "What's the purpose of a contract?" Particularly if you can't or won't honor it. If Boeing and the other creditors can evenutally get their money through a renegotiated contract in bankruptcy, why can't a labor union?

I don't know about that. We may accept a concessionary contract, but not even close to what Delta is asking for. They want unlimited scope, zero credit for a possible pension dump, and more pay cuts. Any proposal close to that will be voted DOWN. We have lost 2300 super loyal and super senior pilots at Delta, leaving a younger and more determined group that has more options. That is the way it goes. We barely accepted the last pay cut--14%, and we won't go for another major one, especially one with unlimited scope. No way. And Neil Boortz can suk my a$$.

Bye Bye--General Lee

spinproof said:
..and Duane Worthless is a left-wing windbag..

No he's not! I'm a left-wing windbag, and he's never at any of the meetings!

spinproof said:
..whats the difference? They both Talk, Talk,Talk! The results NO ACTION!

...typed the man sitting in his den, yakking on a lame Forum.

So how come you haven't taken a high-powered rifle and climbed a clock tower?

"Talk! Talk! Talk!"

"NO ACTION!"

Chest Rockwell said:
I am sure that Boortz is under contract. I wonder what he would say if the management at his station/syndication company was in a mess and told him that he was taking a 5-% pay cut even though his job performance/ratings were satisfactory.

He may not like the 5% pay cut but I don't think he would give it much thought. Now if you were to make it a 50% pay cut like the pilots are being asked to take, along with all the other give backs, I think old Neal just might say ouch.

Neil's got a bunch of Airtran stock.

You guys should have heard him crooning about Valujet, back in the day. He must have owned some of them too....

The basis of all labor relations in this country is contractual. He knows that. I bet there ain't an at-will employee within a hundred feet of his microphone.

Huck said:
Neil's got a bunch of Airtran stock.

If Neil owned a bunch of AirTran stock I think he'd be encouraging a strike at Delta!!

-9Capt said:
If Neil owned a bunch of AirTran stock I think he'd be encouraging a strike at Delta!!

UHhhhhh. In a round about way, he was/is.

And Georgia is a right to work state so the comments from the guy assuming there is not a worker near the Microphone under contract or union is wrong.

General Lee, Im sorry, but I betting Scope is out the door, regardless of what your reps say.

We shall see.

Medeco

I live in ATL and listen to Neil quite often. I have lost a lot of respect for Neil for shooting off his mouth on something he knows nothing about. ATL people listen in on Monday, I'm going to call Neil and talk with him on this issue.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back