Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NBC New York is trying to hijack airplanes...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These guys should be arrested and charged as terrorists... Since basically they were attempting to commandeer an aircraft and bring weapons on board... How is this any different than a real terrorist who gets caught before successfully committing the act?

Maybe the bahavior and glorious failure can be pointed out to a rival news station for a "pointing-and-laughing" factor. . . . . Fox News anyone?

You know the worst part is that everyone assumes that these guys (terrorists) are going to be dumb enough to do all thing things mentioned in the article. (use of CASH/different state Licenses/ bags of cutlery/middle eastern features). It’s not the dumb ass wanna-be terrorists we have to worry about (because they’re obviously easy to spot). It’s the ones who DON’T exhibit any of these tell tale signs I worry about. Take away all of those features…and what do you got? I’ll tell you what you’ve got…. You’ve got the real thing (ie professionals).

Are these guys evil bastards?….YES. Should we report suspicious stuff like this? ABSOLUTELY!

But don’t fool yourself into believing that these guys are dumb. The professionals may not be so easy to spot.

It's ironic that WNBC is trying to show what a threat helicopters pose to the nation's safety.

Their flight department has one of the worst safety records of any ENG operator.

Security

These two guys might consider themselves lucky to be alive.

They obviously think of themselves as creative story go getters but their adventure should be admonished by a stay in prison.

Their efforts were dishonest and an attempt to slander the F.B.O. by creating a false scenario with the intention to cause harm to an, otherwise, honest business by making incredulous remarks after the fact.

I have seen these tactics before and the FBI have ID to the ready when they witness unsafe responses to a pre-rehearsed investigation. They never, as far as I know, pose as something they are not. But rather approach a situation assess the security and make their findings available at the moment.

Airport personnel believing they were in danger by these idiots could have defended themself with deadly force.

All military aircraft require either a key to start or a crypted sequence in the start procedures. I don't know about civilian aircraft. But if hijackers can quickly learn to fly a big jet they can easily walk onto any airport and clilmb into a plane or helicopter with little notice.

Security should be part of the daily morning briefing to all airport personnel.

Why would these bozos thing otherwise?

Latest resources

Back