Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NBC New York is trying to hijack airplanes...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they want to pretend to be terroists, then they should get treated like terroists. I say send them to gitmo.

If I were a terroist, I would get a job at a news station. If I get caught trying to kill people, how convienent, I'm just doing a news story on killing people. If I don't get caught, I get to kill infidels. It's a win-win situation for me (if I were a terroist). I'm sure that none of the security measures that these guys were trying to expose at the airport exist at the news room.

These guys don't have to actually do anything, these terrorists. All they have to do is go around a city with a video camera or act like they are going to the bathroom in a strange sequence on an airliner and sit back and laugh. Meanwhile, they are causing us to spend millions every time someone has to look at the new threat.

They are going to get a ton of milage out of spooking us and causing us to spend money. Not saying that suspicious activity shouldn't be investigated, but I think they are going to sit back and probe all kinds of terror targets and their security, just to build in a "cry wolf syndrome" and to cost us citizens and our law enforcement agencies frustration and money.

FN FAL said:
These guys don't have to actually do anything, these terrorists. All they have to do is go around a city with a video camera or act like they are going to the bathroom in a strange sequence on an airliner and sit back and laugh. Meanwhile, they are causing us to spend millions every time someone has to look at the new threat.

They are going to get a ton of milage out of spooking us and causing us to spend money. Not saying that suspicious activity shouldn't be investigated, but I think they are going to sit back and probe all kinds of terror targets and their security, just to build in a "cry wolf syndrome" and to cost us citizens and our law enforcement agencies frustration and money.
I was reading this morning about our military "scaling down" operations in Najaf so everyone could say they would play nice and then go on their way. F that. Finish the job. cmon..........what will it take?

"I'm absolutely outraged that NBC News is out here trying to create news rather than report news," McDaniel said after meeting with members of the Transportation Security Administration. "This clearly scared the hell out of a lot of folks and wasted a lot of valuable resources, tying up emergency forces, and all of it was entirely unnecessary.

"If they wanted to learn about security, we'd have been happy to take them on a ride and show how it works," McDaniel said. Thomas said an apology was in order from NBC to her and everyone who was involved.
I agree, they should apologize. How much money do you think that incident cost the small town police department?
I like his first line, "I'm absolutely outraged that NBC News is out here trying to create news rather than report news," McDaniel said. And he should be!

NBC defended its actions in an e-mail statement to the Post-Dispatch, saying that the employees did nothing wrong in determining the security measures at helicopter charter services.

"Nothing they did or carried was illegal," said NBC spokesman Allison Gollust. "In Illinois, the system worked and ... our reporting will include this part of the story, evidence that civilians like those in Illinois are making attempts to keep the skies safe."
I bet this will be a 30 minute special in which they spent 29 minutes talking about 1 or 2 airports that they "infiltrated" and 20 seconds mentioning/downplaying the ones in which they were caught. Isn't it illegal to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater? I think this is the same thing. I wouldn't let this group of people go. It's like trying to buy alcohol underage, getting caught by the cops, then saying, "well, I'm with so and so, I go around testing gas stations to make sure they aren't selling to minors so you can let me go now...whatever. Give 'em a few nights in a "federal pound-you-in-the-@ss prison"

If you make a false threat you are prosecuted. I think these news medias should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. They are just crying wolf.

rumpletumbler said:
I was reading this morning about our military "scaling down" operations in Najaf so everyone could say they would play nice and then go on their way. F that. Finish the job. cmon..........what will it take?
"...We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us."

FN FAL

that was awful. Can you tell us who wrote that, and where? I'm out of the news way too much.

Thanks

sky37d said:
FN FAL

that was awful. Can you tell us who wrote that, and where? I'm out of the news way too much.

Thanks
It was Colonel Walter E. Kurtz's speech to Captain Willard. A movie quote from Apocalypse Now.

I guess I didn't want to say what I really wanted to say in response to the posters question...just let it suffice that my answer wouldn't have choppers playing Wagner out of the speakers of helicopters, but Rammstein.

If you want to end all this crap with terrorists, either ISOLATE or DOMINATE...don't pu$$yfoot around with making friends.

"Find the bastards, then pile on!"

Latest resources

Back