NBC "Impresses" Me Yet Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huggyu2 said:
What do you expect from a culture that spends more time watch Desperate Housewives and Nip/Tuck than it does reading a book to their young kids? It's all about "I want to be entertained".

Exactly, just discussed this very thing with my father in law. People are idiots in general, so they are uninterested in real, unbiased news reporting. They want drama, glitz, tragedy & maximal dead bodies. So that is what they get; whether that is representative of the real news or not. Real news gets repressed because it does not bring in the viewers, the ratings, the bucks. So.... we end up getting what we want! Problem being, soon we have no idea what is really going on because of altering the reality of news stories, and the underemphasizing of real stories. Each subsequent generation loses a little more reality...soon CNN will be indistinguishable from the shows mentioned above and this new generation will neither know, nor care what is REALLY happening in the world because of their acceptance of this tripe as news.

This is why I listen to national public radio (Morning Edition and All Things Considered) for my national/worldwide news. They're not perfect, but they do correct themselves on a regular basis if they get it wrong. Usually it's because listeners call in or e-mail and NPR actually listens.

You people just don't understand!! Bob Hager IS the "Avaition Expert" on NBC. He learned all this avaition stuff... "On The Job" during the Flight 800 situation. Oh Wait: Where is Bob Hager today?? I MISS BOB.

Latest resources

Back