NBC "Impresses" Me Yet Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steveair

Watching Dateline currently on Flight 204 in Peru.

"In 90 seconds, the plane will explode... always... even if there is no smoke it will always explode" - Flight Attendant Interviewed

The news in this country is out of control. For years they have misinformed the country about everything.

WHERE are the fact checkers??? Perhaps I should retire as a pilot and work for NBC to correct this crap.

Steveair said:
Watching Dateline currently on Flight 204 in Peru.

"In 90 seconds, the plane will explode... always... even if there is no smoke it will always explode" - Flight Attendant Interviewed

The news in this country is out of control. For years they have misinformed the country about everything.

WHERE are the fact checkers??? Perhaps I should retire as a pilot and work for NBC to correct this crap.

When you get some spare time read "Culture of Fear: Why Americans are afraid of the Wrong things" by Barry Glassner

The idiots in the media are basically using the same playbook that has been used for decades. They dont know how to report facts and real information. That would be too easy, and in their view very very boring.

informed...yeah right

Today’s news is not concerned about informing the American people. They care more about entertainment and fear. Unfortunately it is spreading rapidly to local news and print media. Soon all news will be equivalent to the tabloid shows and periodicals. Face it....the quality news casting of our fathers era is over and we have no one to blame except ourselves because we demand this $hit. Personally I stopped watching it the news years ago. I only watch the weather channel. I give you one guess where that channel has been going the last few years.

Last edited:
It's all about tha benjamins...I mean, tha ratings.

It's not going to stop anytime soon. The part of the public (90%) that is responsible for ratings and in turn, the $$$$$ flow .....are idiots who love and promote this nonsense.

sounds like some kind of conspiracy to bering down the industry by misinforming the publuc about how safe flying is........maybe bush is involved:rolleyes:

bwaaaa ahahaha

Typical of the media. No wonder O&A do their "Assault on the media." Anybody else laugh at them when 2 pilots said that the Jetblue thing would be no big deal and they were dropped like hot bricks but when Al Haynes said that there would be sparks from the wheel hub they tried to get him to say that the airplane would become a fireball?

What do you expect from a culture that spends more time watch Desperate Housewives and Nip/Tuck than it does reading a book to their young kids? It's all about "I want to be entertained".

Latest resources

Back