NBAA Job Post: American Express (HPN?) GIV, GV, or S76

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HawkerF/O

This came across my email inbox from NBAA. Don't know much about them, but never heard anything bad about them.

Position: Co-Pilot II
Company: American Express Company

City/State/Country: Newburgh, New York, USA

Classification: Full-Time

Shirt: Rotating

% of Travel: 50 - 75%

Duties and Responsibilities: This position is accountable for participating as a member of the flight crew, either fixed-wing or helicpoter, in the safe in-flight control of the company's aircraft, as well as all assigned pre and post flight preparations. Incumbent must contribute to the efficiency of the Aviation Department by maintaining required flight manuals, FAA required logs and assigned ancillary projects.

Requirements: Multi-engine Airline Transport Pilot rating, or Helicopter ATP rating, with First Class Medical. Extensive international fixed-wing operational experience, or NYC helicopter experience desired. 3000 hours total flight time desired. Gulfstream IV or G V type rating and experience, or S-76C+ experience desired.

Apply at: americanexpress.com/jobs
search 62162BR

HawkerF/O said:
This came across my email inbox from NBAA. Don't know much about them, but never heard anything bad about them.

Position: Co-Pilot II
Company: American Express Company

City/State/Country: Newburgh, New York, USA

Duties and Responsibilities: This position is accountable for participating as a member of the flight crew, either fixed-wing or helicpoter, in the safe in-flight control of the company's aircraft, as well as all assigned pre and post flight preparations. Incumbent must contribute to the efficiency of the Aviation Department by maintaining required flight manuals, FAA required logs and assigned ancillary projects.

Requirements: Multi-engine Airline Transport Pilot rating, or Helicopter ATP rating, with First Class Medical. Extensive international fixed-wing operational experience, or NYC helicopter experience desired. 3000 hours total flight time desired. Gulfstream IV or G V type rating and experience, or S-76C+ experience desired.

Apply at: americanexpress.com/jobs
search 62162BR

Is this a multiple job posting? I fly the GIV but not whirlybirds?

earhart said:
Is this a multiple job posting? I fly the GIV but not whirlybirds?
It does not state which aircraft they are hiring into. They are only saying they PREFER if you have experience in a GIV, GV, or S76. Nowhere does it say that is required, though it would be safe to assume they operate one of the aircraft they want experience in.

Whirlybird? What is that? Is that the S76? Is that the cool, old school way of saying Helicopter?

HawkerF/O said:
It does not state which aircraft they are hiring into. They are only saying they PREFER if you have experience in a GIV, GV, or S76. Nowhere does it say that is required, though it would be safe to assume they operate one of the aircraft they want experience in.

Whirlybird? What is that? Is that the S76? Is that the cool, old school way of saying Helicopter?

I guess. Sorry, I mean helicopter. Odd job posting though.

earhart said:
I guess. Sorry, I mean helicopter. Odd job posting though.
Nothing to apoligize for. Never heard it called that, so I was just curious. Good luck, and from your profile, you should put in over at AMEX.

Now does this shirt rotate through the entire flight dept or just the new-hires?
Is there more than one rotating shirt?
Is the shirt the same for fixed-wing and helicopter pilots?

HawkerF/O said:
Nothing to apoligize for. Never heard it called that, so I was just curious. Good luck, and from your profile, you should put in over at AMEX.

Thanks Hawker, but it's right seat-and I don't even qualify for their credit cards.

earhart said:
Thanks Hawker, but it's right seat-and I don't even qualify for their credit cards.
The CC issue is one thing, but shutting the door on a possible opprotunity because it is for the right seat with a stable company like AMEX, in my opinion, wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. Especially being a female and already qualified in the aircraft. It might be an F/O position on paper, but I am sure they swap seats, and I can't imagine they start anyone there at less than 85K. They are consistantly ranked one of the top 100 companies to work for; that is something to think about.......

Latest resources

Back