• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NBAA Convention

nbaa

I have attended the NBAA in previous years. It is NOT a job fair. HR folks mostly will not attend. Companies who go are there to sell and promote products and services, and pay big bucks to do so. Going there assuming you'll get a job interview could be pretty insulting to the person you approach, however, going there hoping they can spare just one minute of their valuable time to get an HR fax number is probably doable. The conference isn't inexpensive to attend and is fascinating. All info you need is on www.NBAA.org, as well as instructions on joining the NBAA, which is something all member companies you'll meet there take pretty seriously.

It's hard to see everything, especially if you're also getting a recurrent sim session in at the same time, but walking by the Bombardier place I saw a "Challenger 800", looks bigger than the 604 but smaller than the 5000.

El Duderino, the convention is inside the Orange County Convention Center, there are displays on pretty much every square inch of the considerably large convention floor. There is also a static display of airplanes at Orlando Executive. I have seen some charter companies (Privatair comes to mind), and Execjet also has a display, I’m sure there are others here. Granted this is not a job fair, but a lot of this industry is who you know. I wouldn’t come here looking for a job, but I would come to see the latest aviation technology and products on display.

Thank you for your advice 501261. I have decided that it is not the best place to look for an opening. I have looked at the NBAA webpage and have found that it would not be the right situation and expensive. I have just become desperate recently after getting my ATP in a Lear Jet at Simuflite and not being able to find work for a month now. Thanks for the help. I guess for now, the dude abides.

again thank you

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom