NBAA - Any networking opportunities?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cvsfly

Are there going to be any networking opportunities at the NBAA convention in Orlando? Would it be worthwhile to bring resumes' to distribute to the represented fractionals (in addition to going through the normal application procedures)?

NBAA

I don't believe the general public has access to the convention. It is usually reserved for company's and their employees. I asked this over the weekend and was told it was not open to the general public so unless you know someone at one of the many booths, I don't think you can get in.

Not general public, but NBAA members (for a fee) and quests or invited by one of the vendors. This is for the convention itself. General public is able to vist static displays for a fee (I believe, don't quote me). We are a NBAA member, so I'm trying to find a way to get down there. Boss didn't see the value in attending (he had an invite to a Raytheon party which he was considering attending with some buddies to smooze, but he decided he didn't have the time). He likes to look at the new planes, talks about upgrading to a jet, but at the same time he is relying more on charter revenue to support our operation - so I'm not holding my breath. He also didn't see the value of his Director of Operations attending and finding our own way down there. So I'm on my own.

Yeh, its true, you gotta be sponsored by your employer. The general public is invited for a fee. NBAA members about $140 and non-NBAA about $180. I got the prices this morning from a buddy of mine who is there right now manning a booth. That's above my price range. Maybe next year.

Latest resources

Back