• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Navy Pilots Who Rescued Victims Are Reprimanded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you all. It is nice to hear all the support. I have never been so proud of my crew... they deserve all the praise.

Like everyone else said - you did the right thing. The overall mission was to help these folks and you did. Hell, in AFSOC they'd give you a MEDAL!?! I thought the Navy was more laid back than us AF types!?!?!?
I tell you what...if they threaten to downgrade you I'd send this one to Cavuto. ;-)

mudkow60 said:
Thank you all. It is nice to hear all the support. I have never been so proud of my crew... they deserve all the praise.

Make sure to let your crew know they are all congratulated at least in this forum! SH sir!

Good Job Guys, we're doing the alert at OEF but have assets in New Orleans and just want to thank everyone that'll risk their ass to save others. Those young fast burners in charge are to busy punchin' tickets to understand the mish ... wish they could just learn to back their crews.

Great work mudkow! Both to you and your crew. No matter what shat comes down the pipe towards you, those people you guys saved will be around due to the two H-3's that did a killer job!

From Today's White House Press Briefing...

Mudkow, don't know if you heard this from today's Press Briefing:

Great Job to you and your crew!

Q Scott, The New York Times reports that two Navy helicopter pilots who rescued 110 people, including two who are blind, have been reprimanded by a Navy commander because they were supposed to devote themselves entirely to supply. And my question: The Commander-in-Chief of the Navy will surely counter this reprimand with a presidential commendation, won't he?

;)

MR. McCLELLAN: Les, let me check into it. I've seen some the stories, but there are chain of command issues involved here and there are some military rules in place that prohibit us from commenting on certain chain of command issues.

Q Follow-up. World Net Daily reports that despite the devastation and suffering by so many thousands in New Orleans, there was a homosexual parade called "southern decadence." Does the President believe this is tolerable or --

MR. McCLELLAN: I want to finish on the military. The military is doing an outstanding job in search and rescue and ongoing humanitarian efforts, and we're greatly appreciative of the many men and women in the region, from the National Guard to reserve to active duty --

Q Including the ones that saved the 110 people? MR. McCLELLAN: -- who are helping, and we're greatly appreciative of the efforts they have undertaken to save lives. There have been a number of lives that have been saved because of our Coast Guard, because of our military and others on the ground in the region that have been involved in those efforts.

I could care less what your superiors think in my opinion your mission was complete and you did your country a favor saving those people. If they can't recognize that than I would be very concerned aout the leadership of our Navy today.

And I extend my congratulations to you and your crew for what you thought was right.

Last edited:
MSNBC just picked the story up too - As one of the worst response moments by the government. A lot of people are PISSED that this happened to you and your crew Mudkow, and it looks like the ball is rolling. Thank god there are people like you left who can critically think and make decisions.

Just saw the story on CNN. Your 15 mins of fame are here and you deserve any benifits that will come of it, great job!

Falconjet said:
Man, whatever happened to flying a cargo plane filled with rubber shiat out of Hong Kong? FJ

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Latest resources

Back