Navy Logbook and apps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bruiser

What is the consensus on student pilot time on apps for the majors.

If they see all military time with no student time is that OK or should the flight time prior to getting winged (T-34, T-44) be counted as student time.

Thanks

What is the consensus on student pilot time on apps for the majors.

If they see all military time with no student time is that OK or should the flight time prior to getting winged (T-34, T-44) be counted as student time.

Thanks

First, how can a pilot not have any student time? Isn't that what do you call the time your logged before you got your wings?

If you're talking about counting SOLO student time as PIC, not every airline sees this situation the same. When I was applying at UAL, they only wanted PIC time after you got your wings. Student time could go in your total time but not PIC total (even if you were solo). Fedex wanted only the time you were "signing" for the jet as PIC (do you do that as a solo student? - I guess - sort of). I left it off just in case.

Big picture - you probably have thousands of hours of post winged PIC time. Is it really going to matter if you leave off the 10-20 hours of student solo time you might have included in with your PIC total? It still can go in your total time but I'd be conservative and leave the student time out of the PIC total unless the airline specifically addresses that on their app.

Better to be conservative and avoid uncomfortable questions about your logbook altogether. Good Luck

I kept it in my total time, but did not include as PIC time. But for me, my T-34/T-44 solo time only amounted to about 10 hours anyway. Fedex didn't look at my logbook that hard during the interview, for what it is worth.

The majority of the people I know in Corpus count T-34 and T-44/TC-12 time as student or dual depending on the app. Any "A" time as a student is "A" time. A civilian pilot would log solo time as PIC on his/her solo's.

Latest resources

Back