Navy enlisted mans uniform question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spooky 1 said:
Yes, I am not ignorant of current events, thank you. Just wondering if the guy was perhaps a Seal and if they wore the traditional Navy enlisted Navy whites.
No, they wear pink spandex, just like the airforce pilots do...just minus the frilly lace.

Naval Uniform

Easy, very easy explanation.

All in-field medical personnel serving with the U.S. Marine Corps are, in fact, U.S. Navy Hospitalcorpsmen (HMs) ... well until the change the rate and blend in the Dental Techs (DTs) ...

The Navy's Hospitalcorpsmen serving with the Marines are some of the meanest, toughest, and nastiest sailors there are.

TransMach

There are plenty of other Navy communities besides medical and special warfare that are seeing service in Aphganistan and Iraq (and other places that are not in the news). Intelligence, cargo handling, and Seabee (construction) are some examples off the top of my head.

Naval Uniforms

Coolyokeluke,

You are absolutely right, and my post was not intended to suggest that only HMs are seeing action. Fact is, most Americans don't really understand the Navy's mission in the forward projection of power. The Navy, normally through the naval infantry (Marines) are the "first" to go in and the Navy itself is normally the last to leave since the Navy usually does the ocean transport.

No other branch of the service is tasked with such a wide variety of missions as is the Navy. One thing you can count on, if there's something military going on, the Navy is always close by ... if not right in the middle of it.

TransMach
(Ex-Navy if you couldn't guess)

Latest resources

Back