Navy Contract BE-18 in San Diego?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fearless Tower

Anyone know who/what contractor is operating the old Twin Beech for the Navy in the San Diego area? Saw it flying in the pattern at NZY this morning and I believe it has been doing opfor stuff for CSFTP.

I think it is either Berry or Barry aviation.

Dirt bag outfit, a bud of mine flew a couple months there before getting a real gig.

I think it is either Berry or Barry aviation.

Dirt bag outfit, a bud of mine flew a couple months there before getting a real gig.

Berry operates sewerpipes out of North Island...no twin beeches.

An honest to God,twin Beech earning its keep in 2008?! Outstanding, I hope the maintenance is up to spec,and I hope whoever is flying it treasures every round engined ,tailwheeled moment !

L3 operates the twin beech. All of their other NZX AC are lears (to the best of my knowledge anyhow). Call sign is "Invader Jack." On another note, Berry is not a "scumbag outfit." I flew for them for two years, and while it was not the best job, it was stable with a great schedule. There's a lot of guys on the street right now that would love to have a job period. Was happy to move on but enjoyed my time there.

L3, eh? Suprised to see them operating a twin Beech, but then again with all of the SLEPs they've been doing on -135s, I guess they have a lot of experience keeping old things in the air.

I got a better look at it on the ramp the other day.....it still has the round engines, but it is a Volpar - no more tailwheel.

Thanks for the info.

I'll second slinky on this one, Berry is a true dirtbag outfit. I felt lucky to get out alive after two years. Anything you can do to stay away from those guys is worth it.

Latest resources

Back