Navy Contract BE-18 in San Diego?

Fearless Tower

Total Time
some
Anyone know who/what contractor is operating the old Twin Beech for the Navy in the San Diego area? Saw it flying in the pattern at NZY this morning and I believe it has been doing opfor stuff for CSFTP.

slinky

Total Time
UTC-5
I think it is either Berry or Barry aviation.

Dirt bag outfit, a bud of mine flew a couple months there before getting a real gig.

Ill Mitch

I like my oatmeal lumpy
Total Time
31Raps
I think it is either Berry or Barry aviation.

Dirt bag outfit, a bud of mine flew a couple months there before getting a real gig.
Berry operates sewerpipes out of North Island...no twin beeches.

PC12Cowboy

Berry Beery Bad
Total Time
3000+
yep..they fly metros there and all over the us too..but no beechs

727C47

Total Time
14k+
An honest to God,twin Beech earning its keep in 2008?! Outstanding, I hope the maintenance is up to spec,and I hope whoever is flying it treasures every round engined ,tailwheeled moment !

highnpressurize

FULL AHEAD, HALF ASLEEP
Total Time
e-nuf
L3 operates the twin beech. All of their other NZX AC are lears (to the best of my knowledge anyhow). Call sign is "Invader Jack." On another note, Berry is not a "scumbag outfit." I flew for them for two years, and while it was not the best job, it was stable with a great schedule. There's a lot of guys on the street right now that would love to have a job period. Was happy to move on but enjoyed my time there.

Fearless Tower

Total Time
some
L3, eh? Suprised to see them operating a twin Beech, but then again with all of the SLEPs they've been doing on -135s, I guess they have a lot of experience keeping old things in the air.

I got a better look at it on the ramp the other day.....it still has the round engines, but it is a Volpar - no more tailwheel.

Thanks for the info.

WateryGrave

Blue Koolaid Drinker
Total Time
12K+
I'll second slinky on this one, Berry is a true dirtbag outfit. I felt lucky to get out alive after two years. Anything you can do to stay away from those guys is worth it.