• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Navajo Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand they went bankrupt and closed their doors about two months ago.

Bummer

That's bad news. I used to instruct there '94-'95.

It was tough then but lots of good memories--great people. I learned a ton.

Anybody know if Sorenson ran the thing until the bitter end?

I worked there for about a year and a half ending in 12/00. Good people and good friends except the owners. The West's sold it a month or two ago and now its just mx/fbo type deal. Too bad for the skywest folks interviewing becuz we used to have a lot of guys come in and use the AST300 eventhough half the time it was broke. Glad to see some former Navajo people around here.

Peace!

Bad News

Great to hear some old Navajo folks on here.

Navajo was my first instructor job. I was hired there in 1988. The Sorensons owned it back then, of course. What a great place to work. Good pay, a ramp full of well maintained a/c, a bustling 135 operation for the instructor's to move into once they got the hours, and more students then you could shake a stick at.

Remember the BBQs? Every Saturday and Sunday, rain or shine that BBQ was going. How 'bout the pastel (Miami Vice was the rage at the time) Navajo Aviation golf shirts the CFIs wore?

Geez, those were fun times. I think that was the most fun flying job I ever had.

Any other Navajo alums out there???

I poped my cherry at Navajo

I did my first solo there in 1990, great group of people. Anyone remember that hot blonde female flight instructor. What was her name?

BoredToDeath said:
I poped my cherry at Navajo

I did my first solo there in 1990, great group of people. Anyone remember that hot blonde female flight instructor. What was her name?

I won't say last names, first name was Hillary. I was her instructor for Private and Instrument. Great gal. She went on to be the Chief CFI for a while.

If you like, send me a pm with your name. I soloed quite a few back then. Perhaps we flew together.

Bad News

Great to hear some old Navajo folks on here.

Navajo was my first instructor job. I was hired there in 1988. The Sorensons owned it back then, of course. What a great place to work. Good pay, a ramp full of well maintained a/c, a bustling 135 operation for the instructor's to move into once they got the hours, and more students then you could shake a stick at.

Remember the BBQs? Every Saturday and Sunday, rain or shine that BBQ was going. How 'bout the pastel (Miami Vice was the rage at the time) Navajo Aviation golf shirts the CFIs wore?

Geez, those were fun times. I think that was the most fun flying job I ever had.

Any other Navajo alums out there???

I did my Commercial pilots license there back in 88/89. Was hoping to find my Instructor Mike

Latest resources

Back