• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nation WideCell Phone Coverage??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In January, I will have had AT&T for three years.

For the digital one rate of $99/month, I got a free 5165 Nokia with case, 600 peak minutes, and 1,000 night and weekend minutes on a one year contract. The service is very good.

The 5165 is not the "small" phone, and it is very durable,

PS: they have a service called Canada Calling, where I can sign up for an additional $20 per month and I can use the plan while in Canada. As of yet, I don't go north often enough to justify the 20 bucks.

I have ATT and Cingular both work very well and the price is almost the same, I would remain with ATT if you are happy with them.

Cell Phones International

What about phones for international use? I use Sprint for domestic, cheapest price for minutes and available coverage.... But, not so happy with customer services. I just got a job that will take me internationally a lot and was looking for one for that use....... Any ideas would help......

Hi!

I read the last postings extensively, recently go nationwide coverage for my wife, and just researched new coverages/phones for me at my new job.

From the previous set of posts:

AT&T is the most expensive-terrible customer service
Verizon has the best nationwide coverage-a number of posters noted that in many places an AT&T phone wouldn't work, a Verizon one would-somewhat cheaper than AT&T-customer service is OK
Sprint has the worst coverage of the three-customer service is bad-service is the cheapest

From my own experience/researching:

Verizon is the ONLY service with complete nationwide coverage-their prices are moderate (less than AT&T, more than Sprint, Cingular, or others)-their customer service is reasonable-their phones DO NOT work in Mexico-their Canda plans are OK-***Verizon allows you to change plans without major penalties

AT&T is the most expensive-their own map on their website shows the coverage is less than Verizon-a good amount of roaming off of the network in the US-their phones WILL work in Mexico-prices pretty high-their Canada plans are about the same as Verizon

Sprint is cheaper than Verizon-they have the least US coverage-they have NO coverage in Mexico-***if you change plans with Sprint before your contract is up-BIG penalties!!!

Cingular is the cheapest of the four, but definitely nowhere close to nationwide service. My wife could not use them as they provided 0 coverage anywhere near where we lived.

My wife has been using Verizon nationwide and got a phone at a mall kiosk for $20. She doesn't think any of the phone services are good enough. I am getting Verizon for my new job. We go to Mexico a lot, but the AT&T is so expensive in Mexico, and less-so in general, that I am going with Verizon-plus the fact that Verizon has better nationwide coverage-we go to a lot of small places all over.

Hope this helps!

Definitely check the websites before you decide. I would also check with a store/mall kiosk to see if they have older phones on special.

Cliff
GRB

my girlfriend is an f/a and flies all over the u.s. not once has she had a problem making a call with cingular. unless you're out in the sticks you should not have a problem. i seriously doubt any provider has true NATIONWIDE service.

69.99 850 anytime minutes, 3500 night/weekend.

i also use them but not all over like she does. never a problem except in my crashpad.

i had Nextel for 3 years, it was ok. 6 weeks ago I went with Cingular, and so far i have been impressed. I fly for a regional so we "get off the beaten path" and I have never had a problem. As soon as I turn my phone on my voice mail is there. I have 500 anytime, and 3500 Night & Weekends, with no long distance or roaming anywhere in the 50 states (including AK and HI) for $49.99. Cingular will connect with any cell phone tower, so if your At&t works your cingular will work.

I got the Motorola V60 from Best Buy for $110.00, and set up my service there also. Only a 1 year contract.

I've had a AT&T Cell phone since they bought out MetroCell here in DFW. (Had the same phone number for 12 years) I also use the phone in excess of 4000 minutes a month. I love the service and the plan. I have been to remote areas of the country and have still had service.

The only thing I wish, is that I could get a cool looking phone with more features, but, oh well, a phone is a phone.

a mot phone has a bigger ear piece and everybody says it sounds better on the other end. they also store better then most phones. programing the phone is not as user friendly as a nokia but it closes up so you don't have to worry about unintentional calls or haveing to lock and unlock the keys. you always have to move the nokia around to hear good not a problem with the mot. they also are proud of themot i guess and they charge a large price but they give good discounts occasionally with a one year signup.

machspeed

sf340flyer: how do you like your V60?

all for $110??? that phone is $250 at my local cingular store...

what's up with that?

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM SPRINT!!!!

The biggest mistake I made was after my AT&T contract was up I got suckered into going to sprint. The customer service sucks. They will CHARGE you for speaking to a human being. They will CHARGE you for paying your bill at customer service center using a person. Heck, they will even charge you for paying at Radio Shack. So you always have to mail a check or call and use your credit card. They constantly drop calls. Really stay away from sprint, you will be much better off.

Latest resources

Back