nasty lookin log book

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

munson

alright, im sure this has been asked before, but since im new here and this is my first post im gonna go ahead. I am getting ready to start sending out applications, but need some help with my log book. My military one is fine, but my old civilain could use some help. I didnt really know what I was doing back then filling it out, and there are alot of mistakes and things are not really adding up. What is the best way to go back and correct this. I would really like to just get a new log book and start over, but it has all of the instructor signoffs that I would think you would need. Im sure im not the only one this has happened to, so whats the best fix. Thanks for the help.

munson said:
alright, im sure this has been asked before, but since im new here and this is my first post im gonna go ahead. I am getting ready to start sending out applications, but need some help with my log book. My military one is fine, but my old civilain could use some help. I didnt really know what I was doing back then filling it out, and there are alot of mistakes and things are not really adding up. What is the best way to go back and correct this. I would really like to just get a new log book and start over, but it has all of the instructor signoffs that I would think you would need. Im sure im not the only one this has happened to, so whats the best fix. Thanks for the help.

Dont fix a thing. Tell them the truth about you logbook.

You could start over with a new one and keep the old one for the endorsements

Take the new one and the old one to interviews.

Last edited:
I have heard that it raises employers' suspicions when the logbook looks too pretty (as in it looks fabricated)--The expect that there will be a few mistakes.

-Goose

Goose Egg said:
I have heard that it raises employers' suspicions when the logbook looks too pretty (as in it looks fabricated)--The expect that there will be a few mistakes.

-Goose

It would...Everyones logbook is not perfect.

MVSW said:
It would...Everyones logbook is not perfect.

you could even say nobody's logbook is perfect :p

Seriously, mine is messed up too...that was my main reason for going with logbook pro. I scanned all of my endorsements so I have an e-copy of them. I like it. I'll take both in case they want to see it, but...the electronic logbook will be prettier and easier to read...their choice.

-mini

minitour said:
you could even say nobody's logbook is perfect :p

Seriously, mine is messed up too...that was my main reason for going with logbook pro. I scanned all of my endorsements so I have an e-copy of them. I like it. I'll take both in case they want to see it, but...the electronic logbook will be prettier and easier to read...their choice.

-mini

Make sure you take your real logbook with you to an interview. I say this b/c I heard of a guy that went to XJet and had all his logbooks on a program and they sent him home. I would use your program only for yourself.

Goose Egg said:

-Goose
What about my situation though where I typically won't fill out my logbook for months at a time (I keep track of my flight times on an Excel sheet). Then typically i'll sit down one afternoon and fill out months of flight times and trips in one sitting. I've always wondered if this will look suspicious to someone or if it was no big deal.

User997 said:
What about my situation though where I typically won't fill out my logbook for months at a time (I keep track of my flight times on an Excel sheet). Then typically i'll sit down one afternoon and fill out months of flight times and trips in one sitting. I've always wondered if this will look suspicious to someone or if it was no big deal.

I do the same thing. I really don't think it's a big deal. Some people get really wrapped around the axle about logbooks looking "too neat" and I can't understand why.

If they want to see sloppiness at a future interview, I'll bring my mini crew logs along for them to flip through.

MVSW said:
Make sure you take your real logbook with you to an interview. I say this b/c I heard of a guy that went to XJet and had all his logbooks on a program and they sent him home. I would use your program only for yourself.

Most definitely...I'll definitely take both. That way they can see the paper book, but sort through the electronic version (printed) in case there's something they're looking for.

The nice thing is now, I can put the info into the electronic book and THEN put it in the paper one. That way the totals, etc. aren't FUBAR. I've got soooooo many corrections from my instrument rating instructor...it looks real bad...but oh well. It happens, ya know?

-mini

Latest resources

Back