Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C-5 MEM said:
thedude,

Who do you know at Hendricks? I have a family member who works there.

C-5

I am not into putting out names on the interenet but I do know about 4-5 people down there and probably a few others by association. Two of 'em I used to work with at another company and they are both furloughees from the majors. One of them has been there since they started getting the 1900. One I went to college with and she is part-time. Just about everybody I know is a local minus a one or two.

cosmotheassman said:
Why would you want to work for NASCAR? I hear they work you to death and I bet you anything, you don't get to go to the races and rub elbows with..whoever they are. And, I bet there is alot of back and forth trips all day long at these races. Also, I flew an airplane that was formerly owned by a nascar team and let me tell you, it was TRASHED on the inside (as could be expected from a bunch of rednecks)...

How much of a performance hit did you take for the spare tires speed taped on the top of the fuselage? Those darned rednecks are known for that kind of crazy stuff. I also assume you'd have to take a weight hit for all the empty Busch beer cans in the back of the plane before you took off. Did that throw off the CG?

I got offered a job several years ago to fly a Citation IIsp. Decent money to start but the schedule suxx. Gone almost every weekend of the year either racing or testing. If not that, then ferrying crewmembers back and forth during the week. Just remember when the race season is over, every team prepares for the next one. Just got married so I deceided it wasn't the best choice. On a sad note, the driver was later killed.

Latest resources

Back