NASA Reporting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JAFI said:
Thank you for the reference. I do not know or have all the rules memorized so references are important. In first post (Canada example) it would be a question of jurisdiction. I know of no CFR that would apply to incidents in other countries. (Your reference above I will have to look at, but for now I know of none.) As far as FAA Operations Inspectors abroad, well there are none in Europe and One in the Pacific Rim. So much for doing violations abroad. In the US any investigation is normally done at the geographical location of the occurrence (nearest FSDO) not where you took off or landed. No foreign country has asked me for information about a US pilot and I have not asked any foreign country for their information.

As far as a letter from Canada to a FSDO, I have never seen one or heard about any such case. So I have no information on that subjuct.

Different countries operate by different rules. If you fly in that countries airspace you better know what you are doing or you may get to experience their "court" system. The type rating issue is just such a case. Some countries require both pilots to have a type others do not. With out looking at a reference, I think with ICAO rules both pilots must be type rated. But ICAO is not accepted by every country. So be careful where you go. Their "Federallies" may not be as pleasent as some of us are.

As far as Geronimo's "bet", well I was just hoping to pick up some quick cash. His comment to be careful is always wise. But to "bet" on information he does not have would be cash in my pocket.

JAFI

That's only if of US regestry. So if you fly a katana or something like that it most likely won't be.

Latest resources

Back