• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NAS Airlines - Saudi Arabia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really shouldn't. Perhaps you haven't spent any appreciable time there, or lived there.

Thanks. Been living there for over a year now and am well aware of the risks/dangers of working and living in that part of the world. I can't live my life in constant fear or paranoia.

Sorry...not trying to be too much on the defensive, but I find it awfully rude when people scoff at other's difference of opinions, tastes, and even career moves. The choice I made was to better my family's life and to put some cash away so I wouldn't have to work for a regional airline till I'm a crippled old man. I would have never proposed the idea of moving my family to Saudi if I thought they would be in grave danger and live in paranoia for the duration of their stay (however long that may be). I'm not sure what the living arrangements are like at NAS? Or if having a family over there is feasible while working for NAS?

Like someone stated before, its not for everyone. I'm sure your exodus from there was for the better. Sure, I've had my moments of doubt, just like with any other job or situation, but this is my life now and its not so bad. Really.

Last edited:
Are there problems with getting paid by NAS? Meaning that the checks arrive on time and at the correct amount expected.

How do they handle rest issues? Are guys flying around fatigued a lot?

What do most expats do in KSA when not working? Sounds like going to the mall and dining out are pretty much all there is to do.

Just trying to find out specific reasons why NAS is not a good place to work.

Just trying to find out specific reasons why NAS is not a good place to work.

Good luck. The above post by avbug probably comes closest to providing useful information. The rest of the posts on here and on pprune offer only cryptic "don't do it" advice.

I too would like some helpful info....assuming you decide to take the plunge what is life actually going to be like? Schedules? Days off? Quality of accomodations? Relations with co-workers?

I noticed a few people have CRJ in their profiles. I thought they were looking for people who are typed and current in the A320/E190?

For Captains, they will take non-typed guys with a lot of time. The only people I know of are ones with 7000+ total time and a ton of Jet PIC. Haven't heard of any non-typed CRJ only Capts being taken on.

For Fo's, I can't see them taking on any Fo's without EJET experience, it doesn't matter what their published mins are. There are just to many Saudi's with "wet" commercials. Yes, Saudi's with a fresh commercial and 300 hours regularly fly Ejet, Boeing and Airbus here.

There are always exceptions to the rules so don't let this deter anyone from applying if they really want to.

What do most expats do in KSA when not working? Sounds like going to the mall and dining out are pretty much all there is to do.

If you have enough days off, you travel. Bahrain, Dubai, Cairo and the resorts of Sharm El Shek are all a short hop away, less than 2 hrs. Europe is between 5-7 hours away and Asia around 7-8 hours or so.

I don't know about Riyadh, on the west coast of Saudi you have Expat only beaches, I think it is probably the same on the east. Bikinis for the girls, jet skis, sailing, diving, boating, horse back riding, etc. Too much heat in summer, you can't do anything for the worst 2 months except stay inside.

Life in the compounds is pretty relaxed, women drive, no abaya (black gown). Swimming, baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer, cricket and rec centers with ping pong, pool, weights, darts, bowling. Even though booze is illegal, you are not going to have a problem finding it if you want it. Just don't try and bring it through customs, you will most likely get caught smuggling. You risk 100 lashes and 30 days in jail, possible removal from the country.

I am with my family, I think it would be pretty hard being single and in a hotel all the time.

Lots to do for the family as long as they don't get stuck in a rut and never leave the house. Good private schools, Karate, swimming lesson, fencing and baseball for the kids. The women can work at schools and offices without a work permit, paid under the table in cash. The demand for native english speaking tutors is huge, no credentials required, they are paying to learn the American accent. $50-75 USD an hour to tutor rich Saudi Children.

With all that said, it is a very hard transition to make. If I wasn't here with my family and if they were not so adaptable to different experiences, I don't think I would have been able to stay here. I haven't met to many single guys that last very long. Commuting back and forth to the USA would be a killer.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the info, especially avbug and tyuwerty... I too am very curious why everybody seems afraid to talk about their experiences in KSA... almost (at the risk of sounding over-dramatic) as if they are fearing some kind of retribution from someone or somewhere.

Tyuwerty, PM sent.

I don't think people are afraid to talk about their experience in the Kingdom. Just NAS.

Some people who work in that part of the world can't talk about their work...that's another matter entirely.

You're a dumbass scumbag lowly CRJ pilot who flys CRJ9 for shi!! wages and has no idea what you're talking about. Keep spewing the lies moron, no one was furloughed because of Gojet. And how does that screw over TSA pilots since they HAVE NOTHING to do with GJ and will never be able to fly GJ airplanes. Idiot.

Oh please. You fly a CR7 for sh*t wages. Look at the GoJets thread (going 15+ pages), and you will see that EVERYONE agrees with me regarding GoJets... except you. And except other GoJets employees. Deny all you want, the facts are out there. You alter-ego pilot, your airline started off NON-UNION for the sole purpose of undercutting the union TSA pilot group. This has been hashed over and over again, and only YOU (and fellow GoJet members) are in denial. Go crawl back to your hole, scum.

Latest resources

Back