• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NAS Airlines - Saudi Arabia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If someone wants to come to the region, be it KSA, Egypt or the UAE to work, talk to someone currently living here and don't fall for the fear mongering.

Or the truth. Don't forget falling for the truth...such as all the reports previously given.

Been there, been provided multiple offers to go back, turned them all down. Including NAS.

Truth? Why don't you add the facts to that as well?

You were wrong about the Jeddah Embassy being closed.

You were wrong about the Frenchies being tourists.

You can't provide a source other than it is "Sharia" for the Muslim being worth more than the Non-Muslim.

You don't name your compound or the one where the people were "executed", nor mention why or who did the executing.

You don't cite any source for the lack of food or water in the Saudi Jails. (I would rather be in a Mexican Jail though if I had a choice)

All you have done is clip and paste a bunch of mostly old headlines and travel alerts. You cite fact that there are terrorists afoot and that some of them have been caught.

You also clip and paste some old headlines citing that some people have been robbed.

So the truth is that there is terrorism in the KSA and some people have been robbed. What a shocker! Sounds like everywhere else in the Middle East or the world.

You were wrong about the Jeddah Embassy being closed.
Consulate. It was the consulate. Not the embassy, and no, I wasn't wrong. If you'll go back over the material I posted, it cites the number of dead. It wasn't in passing; it was assaulted, and closed.

The US embassy is in Riyadh. Something with which you might just want to familiarize yourself. You didn't even know that, did you?

You were wrong about the Frenchies being tourists.
Actually no, not wrong, and no, they weren't tourists. They were on a pilgrimage, and they were executed. Separated from the women, lead to the side of the road, knelt down, and shot in the back of the head with AK47's. They weren't "frenchies" either.

You can't provide a source other than it is "Sharia" for the Muslim being worth more than the Non-Muslim.
Surely you don't hold an Iqama and work and drive there and not know these things. Do your own research. You claim to live there and yet you are this uninformed?

You don't name your compound or the one where the people were "executed", nor mention why or who did the executing.
For someone so dense, you're observant. No, I didn't name them, did I? And I won't.

Sip your cordial and coolaid if you will, but I doubt you'll be convincing too many here to join you. Most aren't that stupid.

Last edited:
I assure you, Avbug did work there, and yes a very nearby compound to the one he was in, was attacked by terrorists, but I think it was more like 3-4 years ago.

Gassim and Hail, I had almost forgotten about those garden spots!! :)

Surprised to see them wanting 6 weeks on, 3 off. I thought anything with NAS was more like 35 on, and 31 off. I had recruiters for NJME calling me up, since I had spent time in the magic kingdom, but I really didnt feel too compelled to go back for anything more than a short stay

avbug, you need to STFU. Your posts are all useless copy-pastes. I would rather take the word of twuwerty, who actually lives in Saudi Arabia.

If he did work here then he would know that there are many reasons not to go to Saudi Arabia.

Culture
Horrible weather
Women's rights
Bad driving
Complicated bureaucracy
On and on and on

Security and Safety is not one of them anymore.

In the first post he insinuated that the "Mission" "Embassy" "ConsUlate" (Whatever, he should know it really doesn't matter, it is all US soil) was still closed.

"Perhaps you weren't aware that the US consolate was pulled out of Jeddah the year before last after it was raked with automatic weapons fire"

It is open and has been for a long time. That assault was in 2004.

Ok, if they weren't French, but Algerian, (with French passports) not tourists but just preforming Umrah (which in fact they had finished and were sightseeing). It furthers my argument that Westerners are not targeted. Thanks.

I am not researching "Sharia" Law because he made up a claim and can't quote a source. That argument is dependent on him to verify. My Driving insurance here covers per passenger not per religion.

Why insult??? I have cited statistics and facts and I am the dense one for looking at facts and not perception.

414, his specific claim was "the executions of people from a compound adjacent to ours, two years ago." That insinuates that they were executed by the Saudi's not murdered during an attack. His failure to name the compound only makes his claim suspect. The compound that was attacked in '03/'04 is public knowledge. The ones in the surrounding area, not so much.

If he was near the Dahran attack I can now understand what his problem is, he should have just said so. Instead he claims events happened closer in history than they actually did and concocts other statements to try and bias his point. He should try being accurate first then he can push his grudge. Things have changed DRASTICALLY here since the bloodshed a few years back.

The Saudi's have cracked down on security and no Briton (0), Canadian (0), or American (0) has been killed here by a terrorist since that blood shed. The security forces are making arrests and breaking cells/rings. I like to hear about it in the news because if we don't then that means they aren't doing there job.

Compared to the bombs going off in India every few weeks, Saudi is a peach fest.

A friend of mine was just offered the 35/31 deal as of 2-3 weeks ago. NAS is really not a place that one wants to work right now (not because it isn't safe or secure), but that is a different thread. Oh wait.... sorry, that is this thread

Anyway, have a good one. I am done. People can come here or not, I really don't care. Bringing my family here was a good decision for us, but it isn't for everyone. If you don't come my wages will only go higher.

I just don't like people to base decisions on perceptions and mis-information.

You just keep your head buried in the sand. Things will always look better that way.

What you don't see can't hurt you, right?

Yep... u got it, that way I don't see all the gun toting, TNT laden, sword carrying terrorists lurking behind every corner.

If you were in the NE, you were probably with Aramco or DHL. Rick O (Aramco) or R Stevens (Canadian with DHL) ring a bell?

In any case, places like Saudi are definitely not for everyone. And one disadvantage is, that if things get bad between you and your employer or they change the rules on you, you do not have the same kind of recourse you would in the US.

nd one disadvantage is, that if things get bad between you and your employer or they change the rules on you, you do not have the same kind of recourse you would in the US.

And what would THAT be? Cancel your pensions? Force paycuts? Take you to bankruptcy court, throw out your labor contracts, and get an injunction to stop you from striking? Draconian schedules? Overworked, underpaid? Did I mention cancelled pensions? And furloughed with no end in sight?

Is THAT what you meant? Cause that's how some of these legacies have been doing to pilots in the good ol USA.

Latest resources

Back