Name the Tanker Contest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about "better product for the money"

Anything that gets me gas over the battle field, cheaper, and more efficiently, delivers goods and troops, bullets and beans... is good enough.

I see two people that have responded to this thread that can actually appreciate the concept of airborne gas.

Hey, I agree.... It's just fun to pick on the French. Did anyone really think this thread wouldn't be trez sarcastique?

Lighten Up

How about "better product for the money"

Anything that gets me gas over the battle field, cheaper, and more efficiently, delivers goods and troops, bullets and beans... is good enough.

I see two people that have responded to this thread that can actually appreciate the concept of airborne gas.

Lighten up Francis. Airbus had the better product, no doubt.

I can see that one person that responded to this thread cannot actually appreciate the concept of humor.

I'm just sick of the "if it ain't Boeing I ain't going" BS. These days the DoD needs to get the most out of every penny, guys getting pissed about the EADS product winning don't see the whole picture.

I would have liked to see Boeing win personally, however they should have presented a better product (and not tried to scam the system a few years back).

I agree. Glad to hear they chose the best platform that meets all the criteria, rather than give preference to a domestic manufacturer even though the product they were pitching was lacking. That said, it would have been nice if Boeing or some other US company had stepped up and tried to hit it out of the ballpark. It seems like Boeing assumed they'd win, even though their product didn't quite hit the mark in several areas.

Ok, enough analysis. Re-commence the French bashing!

Le Tan-keer Dis-po-si-ble

The 330 will be ok if you only need the airplane to last a few years, before disposing of it and getting another.

Completely agree. It was Boeing's contract to lose. And they did. Airbus kicked their ass. I would have much rather had a Boeing (American) tanker and when the contract was first announced, I was incredulous. However, after reading the review, I realized that the AF picked the stronger product and I swallowed my Buy-American-pride and accepted the frog tanker. It still is fun to dog on the french product. I heard it will go .74 mach to the theater and mach .97 away. (see how easy that was?)

Flying Uninterrupted, Collecting Kudos

By Offering Effective, Important, Neverending Gas

Okay. It's a bit of a stretch. But it's the best I could do.....

Latest resources

Back