• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N379P - Plane of mystery

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, let's remember that these are American pilots putting their lives at risk in foreign lands to do their part fighting terrorists. Speculation about what the airplane looks like, where it is, and what N number it has puts people's lives at risk.

XGmaninGA said:
Guys, let's remember that these are American pilots putting their lives at risk in foreign lands to do their part fighting terrorists. Speculation about what the airplane looks like, where it is, and what N number it has puts people's lives at risk.
Anyone else thinking XG flies a Gulfstream??

Just giving you a hard time, very true what you say, but thats kind of what the whole article is about. It's very public knowledge what the N number is, what the airplane looks like, and also what its itinerary is.

Bet the pilots though have some great beer drinking stories!

XGmaninGA said:

If it was really important the 'powers-at-be' that the movements of this plane were kept secret, you can rest assured it would be.

IFF, etc..

but it's not, so they 'aint too worried about it.

So I wouldn't sweat divulging N numbers, etc...

379P now 8068v is no big secret.

Pictures can be found all over the internet.

Here is one in it's old tail number

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/240368/L/
Here is one with the new tail number

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/703198/L/
This info is all over the web.

I'm not putting anything out there that basic internet skills could not find. Many articles have been written on the subject.

There are also pictures out there of the sister 737 but i'm too lazy to pull that info out. Of course I don't want to give away to many of XG's secrets.

dtoften said:
Well, the new number is now N44982 as of 12-16-2004. Wonder how much money it cost to change N number?

Probably just the cost of scrapping the old numbers, and applying the new numbers when it's a government agency requesting the change.

I have Flight Explorer on my home computer, and I recall seeing a G-V with a blocked n-number going from Libya to Gitmo. I'm guessing it wasn't someone going on vacation.

This aircraft and the CIA program in which it is involved were highlighted in the lead story on 60 Minutes tonight. The program was started under Clinton, but has expanded post-9/11. Apparently, they use it to fly terror suspects to countries where it's not illegal to beat the crap out of them in order to garner information.

FL000 said:
This aircraft and the CIA program.....Apparently, they use it to fly terror suspects to countries where it's not illegal to beat the crap out of them in order to garner information.

I don't see a problem with that at all. Beat the fuking **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** out of them. No takie...bullet in the head and press on to the next one....

And before you know it...lips start moving...

Latest resources

Back