• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N18CG - Falcon - Former USCG Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First of all the FAA database shows the aircraft as a DA2000, which the CG has never operated. It is registered to Wachovia which to my knowledge has always bought their aircraft new.

Also the CG Falcons are a DA20F with ATF engines which I don't believe have a US civil airworthiness certification.

Rick1128 said:
First of all the FAA database shows the aircraft as a DA2000, which the CG has never operated. It is registered to Wachovia which to my knowledge has always bought their aircraft new.

Also the CG Falcons are a DA20F with ATF engines which I don't believe have a US civil airworthiness certification.

I know what the Coast Guard operates--I was a Coastie once long ago. :) It was just odd that the airplane had Coast Guard-shaped stripes on it but instead of red white and blue they were blue white and blue. The CG N number also made me think, "Hmmm, maybe the Coasties had a VIP Falcon at one time" and dumped it .

Just curious...

Thanks for the info.

Rick1128 said:
Actually the Coast Guard Falcons are Falcon 20G's, which there is no Civilian version of, however the Falcon 200 shares a common powerplant with the 20G... The Falcon 200 actually has a lot of system commonality with the Falcon 50 vs. the Falcon 20...

I have heard they are looking to dump the 20s for something else. Never followed up on it too much but I am betting the 20s are getting long in the tooth.

It's Corning Glass out of KELM. All of their aircraft have that paint job. They were never pre Coast Gaurd aircraft.

The Coast Guard is phasing out the 20's for CASA 212's I believe.

Ask Remo.......maybe some of you coasties know him.

Latest resources

Back