• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N18CG - Falcon - Former USCG Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it is CASA 235's or 295's (295 has a longer body). I believe both were successful entrants in the deep water (blue water) competition. Of course I havent been awake too long today, and am yet to finish my first cup of joe, so....who knows...

I had a buddy flying for Corning Glass. Nice guy. He told me that one of the chief pilots or current chief pilots was ex coast guard and thats why they went with that paint scheme.

Diesel said:
I had a buddy flying for Corning Glass. Nice guy. He told me that one of the chief pilots or current chief pilots was ex coast guard and thats why they went with that paint scheme.

Ha ha ha! Are you serious? That's great. :)

You gotta' love the loyalty.

"C-RAH! O-RAH! A-S-T-RAH! G-RAH! U-RAH! A-R-D-RAH! COAST-RAH! GUARD-RAH! COAST GUARD GO!" - USCG Academy Chant, c. 1991.

:D

Whoever the Coastie was that worked at Corning must have had his influence a long time ago. The blue/gray stirpe combination has been on the Corning airplanes for 25+ years.

Look at the stripes...They are opposite the Coast Guard. An ex-Ceo had a brother in the Coast Guard, they apparently competed for the nicest look. 18CG is a Falcon 2000.

Latest resources

Back