• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N134ev&136ev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you think "9" stands for DC9? Why dont you ask a WWII pilot what a "9" really is.

I give up. Enlighten me. Would that be a B-9? An A-9? A P-9? Or a "How is WWII relevant to airline scope"-9?

Scope aside, The DC-9 has been "The 9" pretty much since it rolled out of Long Beach in the mid-60's, so excuse me if I bridle a bit about the guys who are already flying routes taken away from me by management now trying to take away my "nicknames" too. It's just in bad taste.

I think we call it a 900. I've not heard the "nine" thing before except on this board.

To further that, the CRJ-900 isn't much different in seating capacity than the original DC-9.

Same work, half the pay, that's the regional way!

Scope aside, The DC-9 has been "The 9" pretty much since it rolled out of Long Beach in the mid-60's, so excuse me if I bridle a bit about the guys who are already flying routes taken away from me by management now trying to take away my "nicknames" too. It's just in bad taste.

And change, much like sh!t, happens.

It might be a good idea to get "nickname" protection in your next contract as well. Stupid RJ pilots, how unoriginal! :rolleyes:

eP.

try 'B-29'.. the original '9'.!!

Yes, it was called that in its time. Same as the dc-9 was in its time, same as the rj900 is in its time.. get the point?

And stop disagreeing with me or I'm telling my mommy.

Whats funny is that even if all the rj's were flown by mainline tomorow the pay would be the same cause the pay rates are allready set. nothing would change except over night the rj would be a "great airplane" to fly, not a problem.

Latest resources

Back