N134ev&136ev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What more would you expect from me?

Well, for one, you're bashing regional pilots for the sins committed by the mainline. I know you're one of them now, and congrats for making it out. Not all of us are that lucky, or have even had a chance yet.

I just find it amusing that once somebody gets a mainline job, they call out their former brethren -- like it's my fault we're flying around a 900.

If you did a survey of the ASA pilot group, I think you'd find all but the lifers would prefer to see the airplane at the majors. But we peons just take what we're given.

Maybe you should direct your anger at the more senior members of the DL/NW pilot group. After all, they are the ones that created the situation that we're in.

Well, for one, you're bashing regional pilots for the sins committed by the mainline. I know you're one of them now, and congrats for making it out. Not all of us are that lucky, or have even had a chance yet.

I just find it amusing that once somebody gets a mainline job, they call out their former brethren -- like it's my fault we're flying around a 900.

If you did a survey of the ASA pilot group, I think you'd find all but the lifers would prefer to see the airplane at the majors. But we peons just take what we're given.

Maybe you should direct your anger at the more senior members of the DL/NW pilot group. After all, they are the ones that created the situation that we're in.

I was, in no way, bashing regional pilots as a group. If it came across that way, it was unintended. The people I do have utmost disdain for are the regional pilots who see a new airframe like the -900 come along and salivate at the opportunities it brings.

I'll try to make myself as clear as I can at 2:30 in the morning.... I fault the MECs of DAL and NWA for giving away scope time and time again. I fault the structure of ALPA, which seems to lean heavily to the will of the widebody Captain who is, at best, uneducated about the implications of scope and, at worst, just does not care. The outsourcing problems we are facing now are, without a doubt, the fault of the mainline unions who either saw small jet flying as something that was beneath them or as something that was not worth expending valuable negotiating capital fighting for. That was all in place long before I and my peers got a mainline seniority number.

What's done is done. I have directed my anger at my LEC chairman and my MEC chairman. Many of my co-workers have done the same. I feel like the message is, finally, getting through. Those airplanes belong at mainline, flying under mainline payscales and mainline work rules, and thus creating more mainline (read, higher paying) jobs.

I have no disdain or hatred for a pilot who goes to work for a regional carrier finding him or herself in the right seat of a CRJ-900 flying formerly mainline route. We all have families to feed or house payments to make. What I absolutely can not stomach is the sense of entitlement that some of these lucky few that end up in the "9" seem to carry with them.

Whatever... it's no important.... ALPA dropped the ball years ago.

FmrFreightDog said:
I was, in no way, bashing regional pilots as a group. If it came across that way, it was unintended.

FmrFreightDog said:
To those of us who actually fly the "9" (and by the "9", I mean the DC-9...the paid for airframe that has saved Northwest's ass time and time again and now, unfortunately, goes a long way to subsidizing the shiny new CRJ-900 airframes that you guys fly for QuikTrip manager wages in order to rob more flying from better paying mainline jobs...

You're backpedaling.

FmrFreightDog said:
The people I do have utmost disdain for are the regional pilots who see a new airframe like the -900 come along and salivate at the opportunities it brings.

The only opportunity I, and probably most others, saw in a new airframe (as it was hardly about the extra seats...) was a temporary fix on the "over staff" issues and the possibility of keeping our now-furloughed coworkers off the streets.

-Brett

You're backpedaling.

The only opportunity I, and probably most others, saw in a new airframe (as it was hardly about the extra seats...) was a temporary fix on the "over staff" issues and the possibility of keeping our now-furloughed coworkers off the streets.

-Brett

The opportunity I, and most others, see in attempting to retain or recapture that gauge of flying is to attempt to avoid an "overstaff" situation here. None of us want to see any more narrowbody flying taken off property. If our goals and your goals are at odds, then so be it.

I was in no way backpedaling. My first post was worded too harshly.

Everyone needs to step back... 701 was joking!!!! Get over it! Christ you are all suckers.

OCP,

Thank you,

701EV

To those of us who actually fly the "9" (and by the "9", I mean the DC-9...You don't fly the "9". ASA doesn't operate the "9". Every time I hear a puppy mill RJ FO talk about flying "the 9", my stomach turns a little bit.

Why do you think "9" stands for DC9? Why dont you ask a WWII pilot what a "9" really is.

Latest resources

Back