• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ED GRIMLEY

FIRE STARTER
And...................
"My HIGH SCHOOL WAS THE DIVISION CHAMPS last year. You only wish you were a Bulldog." Sorry for those of you looking for flame bait it isn't here. I am just sick of seeing the same old $hit on here day in and day out from the same people.

"Your contract is this, your contract is that and mine is way better."
"You fly what? At what?!!?"
"You stole our flying!?!"
The list goes on blah, blah, blah.

Who cares about what is going on at other airlines? Care about knowing YOUR airplane, YOUR regs and YOUR contract. Who is an affiliate of who has nothing to do with the pilots. Those are management decisions. If you want to continue to bitch about those quit and get into management. It probably would work out better anyway, you can get nice bonus checks for your airline doing terrible and ask the rest of your labor for pay cuts. I hope the best for everyone at all the airlines, from the Horizon senior captains to the Great Lakes FO's giving the PAX briefs in the 1900.

It is funny when you are just starting out in flying everyone is really helpful. Then you get a job in at a regional and all of the sudden you have WW3. "You are to hate so and so for this and so and so for that." Please end this pitty bickering. Stick with the crazy passenger stories, the bad ATC's, bag tags, the crappy chick pilots with high heels and the sitting next to Anna Kournikova while jumpseating home (please provide pictures when doing so from know on!!). If guys from your ailrine are being jackasses call them out. Just stop answering these senseless questions that rookies or whoever are asking, the expressjet vs. comair, etc. If someone can't do the research themselves and need to rely on a bunch of FO's on reserve telling them where they would like to go then they aren't ready and don't deserve to get hired.

Guys a regional is still only a regional. I don't care where your at if your flying anything that says Express, Connection, ExpressJet, or Eagle on the side you still have another step you need to take.

To the CLONES- HAVE A TAKE DO NOT SUCK.
War keeping it real. I am out! rack me.

-ED GRIMLEY

P.S. Before any of the GG (Grammar Gestapo) come out and attack my post I will announce there may be a spelling error or two and that there is some run-on sentences. And you have my sincere apologies. Out!

Last edited:
ED GRIMLEY said:
Who cares about what is going on at other airlines?

*Sigh*

This attitude is the whole problem in the industry right now. Don't you realize that what goes on at the other airlines will affect you also? Look around you! When one airline takes concessions, so do the others! When one airline accepts a crappy contract, it makes it that much harder for your airline to get a good one! All of us are in this together. Your airline doesn't exist in a vacuum.

P.S. My regional sucks.

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
*Sigh*

This attitude is the whole problem in the industry right now. Don't you realize that what goes on at the other airlines will affect you also? Look around you! When one airline takes concessions, so do the others! When one airline accepts a crappy contract, it makes it that much harder for your airline to get a good one! All of us are in this together. Your airline doesn't exist in a vacuum.

P.S. My regional sucks.

Let your UNION worry about what others are doing in regards to the contract. That is what you pay your dues for.

If you believe my attitude (which is going about and doing my job and not worrying about political B.S. that I have no control over) is "THE WHOLE PROBLEM" of the industry you need to start keeping up to date about the price of oil and the legacy's posting losses in the billions. Give me a break.

ED GRIMLEY said:
Who cares about what is going on at other airlines?
Evidently you do, or you wouldn't have posted here you dunce.
ED GRIMLEY said:
Care about knowing YOUR airplane, YOUR regs and YOUR contract.
Do I really, really, really, have to CARE about knowing, or can I just know without caring...does it really have to involve caring? I don't mind having to know things to get my job done, but being told to be CARING about knowing things, sounds kind of odd to me.
ED GRIMLEY said:
Who is an affiliate of who has nothing to do with the pilots.
Yea it does...because we are affiliated with a carrier that cares about their regional, us "...Express" pilots are doing pretty good...No layoffs and checks don't bounce.
ED GRIMLEY said:
Those are management decisions.
You lost me here...what are you talking about? Our planes are wholly owned by the big "affiliate" we just fly them under "contract"...no management decision to be made, except for training new guys and managing to keep the old guys trained. Maybe they hire a guy or fire a guy now and then...but I rarely see management except for scheduling a vacation or if I need to change my 401K.
ED GRIMLEY said:
Guys a regional is still only a regional.
No...we start at 32,750.00 and all our positions are Captains...we never work Sundays or Holidays and my current schedule never has me working a Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Plus, I never R.O.N. except for training or wx cancellation out of base.
ED GRIMLEY said:
I don't care where your at if your flying anything that says Express, Connection, ExpressJet, or Eagle on the side you still have another step you need to take.
No...not really, there's an "...Express" on the side of our planes and there is no more steps we need to take. The job's good, the schedule is good, the pay's good, management is good, the "affiliate is good", the maintainence is good...what step is there to take? Hmmm...well, maybe one more step, our medical could be a little bit better, but you can't have everything.

Last edited:
ED GRIMLEY said:
Let your UNION worry about what others are doing in regards to the contract. That is what you pay your dues for.

If you believe my attitude (which is going about and doing my job and not worrying about political B.S. that I have no control over) is "THE WHOLE PROBLEM" of the industry you need to start keeping up to date about the price of oil and the legacy's posting losses in the billions. Give me a break.

SSSSSSEEEEERRIIIOOOUUUUSSSSSSSSLYY.

ED GRIMLEY said:

You are the union! Every pilot is a part of the union. Rank and file pilots always speak of "the union" as if it's some nebulous entity that will take care of things if they just pay their 1.95%. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You have to be informed so you can vote properly on the next contract. You need to be informed so you can tell your elected union leaders how you feel about the issues. How are your union leaders supposed to know how the pilot group feels about something if you aren't informed enough about it to give them your concerns? They aren't mind readers, I can assure you of that. A union is only as good as its rank and file membership. The best union leaders in the world won't be able to help if the average line pilot doesn't know enough to tell the leadership what their concerns are. Haven't you ever heard the slogan "My MEC speaks for me, and I tell them what to say?" You being informed and voicing your concerns is absolutely important to the functioning of a good union.

FN FAL said:
No...we start at 32,750.00 and all our positions are Captains...we never work Sundays or Holidays and my current schedule never has me working a Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Plus, no Ron's except for training or wx cancellation out of base.

What you start off making I think I made it clear, I don't care. Use that one next time in the bar and it may get you more ground. And since WE (as you put it) never work Sundays or Holidays your airline must be the only one not flying on those days.

Your a regional sorry.

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
You are the union! Every pilot is a part of the union. Rank and file pilots always speak of "the union" as if it's some nebulous entity that will take care of things if they just pay their 1.95%. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You have to be informed so you can vote properly on the next contract. You need to be informed so you can tell your elected union leaders how you feel about the issues. How are your union leaders supposed to know how the pilot group feels about something if you aren't informed enough about it to give them your concerns? They aren't mind readers, I can assure you of that. A union is only as good as its rank and file membership. The best union leaders in the world won't be able to help if the average line pilot doesn't know enough to tell the leadership what their concerns are. Haven't you ever heard the slogan "My MEC speaks for me, and I tell them what to say?" You being informed and voicing your concerns is absolutely important to the functioning of a good union.

I am not trying to start a pissing battle with you. I agree that I am part of the union. I am sick of everyone bickering on here like a group of catty high school bitches. I am not saying do not strive for the best in contract negotiations. Strive for the best I am all there for you. Voice your concerns to the MEC not to the flightinfo community if your worried about others. That is what the union boards are for. This fighting is stupid that is the point of my original TAKE (for you Capt Overs). I don't need to talk down to guys that don't make as much as I do or guys that don't have as good as work rules as I have. What more can I say?

Thanks for the vine and thanks for the time. Jungle Karma I am out.(again for you Capt Overs)

Latest resources

Back