My new avatar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a 25-year old

That's odd. Based on your replies and your initial post I could have sworn we were reading the writings of a fourteen year old girl.

Apparently you went to school, as you've posted several times on the topic of your education. Do they not teach you how to shut up in school? There comes a point when you learn that wisdom is not the same as book learning, and sometimes wisdom dictates that it's far better to shut your mouth and appear the idiot, than open it and remove all doubt.

Presently, you have removed all doubt.

I'm writing on a freakin' message board

What would you say if you didn't have a college education?

But if we can't show a picture of anything that takes human life, then by god, a fighter jet would seem a bit "crash".

That's "crass," Mr. Quayle college boy. A fighter only seems "crash" when it...crashes.

My application to the Air Force Academy was rejected on medical grounds

Obviously. They do have standards, you know.

Thanks for the insight, but I have no interest in entering your industry.

No interest in aviation. Interesting. You ARE aware that this is an aviation web board, are you not?

Fair enough. Given you guys' logic, anyone who has an avatar with a military jet on it should remove it immediately - lest we offend the poor arab woman who has to cary their child away from a smoldering hole in the ground. Even if misguided bombs are an accident, you'd definitely be "cruel" to show a picture like that.

What does a dead child under a SWA B737 and a dead child by a bomb crater is Iraq have in common? Both are a tragedy of epic proportions, and neither one is funny.

Except to you.

Embrace that lesson, mate. Just shut up.

avbug said:
That's odd. Based on your replies and your initial post I could have sworn we were reading the writings of a fourteen year old girl.

Apparently you went to school, as you've posted several times on the topic of your education. Do they not teach you how to shut up in school? There comes a point when you learn that wisdom is not the same as book learning, and sometimes wisdom dictates that it's far better to shut your mouth and appear the idiot, than open it and remove all doubt.

Presently, you have removed all doubt.

What would you say if you didn't have a college education?

That's "crass," Mr. Quayle college boy. A fighter only seems "crash" when it...crashes.

Obviously. They do have standards, you know.

No interest in aviation. Interesting. You ARE aware that this is an aviation web board, are you not?

What does a dead child under a SWA B737 and a dead child by a bomb crater is Iraq have in common? Both are a tragedy of epic proportions, and neither one is funny.

Except to you.

Embrace that lesson, mate. Just shut up.

It's funny that you think that spelling is an appropriate basis for intelligence. I assure you that every word in my Ph.D. dissertation is spelled correctly.

Here's something else I've spelled wrong - but just for you. Go xxxxxx yourself.

Woah, woah, settle down Einstein. No need to resort to that language here, PhD or not. Well---especially if you are well-educated. But I guess you're only human.

A miscue on your part? Not understanding the audience that frequents the board? Not really having insight on how viscerally an accident can move a professional pilot- especially where loss of life is involved? Not understanding nuance? Who knows...

You apologized for the avitar and gained some insight into the mind of the members here. Fair enought. As you, yourself remarked, it's just a message board and with that means that people are going to go at you for some perceived misstep.

Take a step back and take a couple of deep breaths everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to know what University you work for so I could send a copy to the Admin. You remind me of the professors I had when I went back to ERAU to finish school. Some were self-appointed demy-gods that had no business teaching at all. Anyone every have Polay at PRC? Avbug is dead on - 14-year-old girl. I actually think 14 year old boy who wishes he was a girl.

Polysciguy....

you should cut your losses and stop replying to this thread. It seems when you take your foot out of your mouth, it's just to put the other one in.

polysciguy9 said:
It's funny that you think that spelling is an appropriate basis for intelligence. I assure you that every word in my Ph.D. dissertation is spelled correctly.

Here's something else I've spelled wrong - but just for you. Go Fuk yourself.

hahah this is awesome!!!!!! thats a fight on my block.

what does having a PHD have to do with your disrespect for this situation. You PHD means nothing to me or anyone else on this board. You get no points for that. Just shut it DOCTOR.

polysciguy9 said:
Don't pull that fascist crap with me - I love this country as much as the next guy. I'm a 25-year old college professor.

polysciguy9 said:
We both teach at a junior college in Florida ... This is my first year here, and his second, though he's been teaching 10-years and this is my third year.

You're a tenured professor at 25 with a PhD or just an adjunct. Amazing that you could whip through your Masters and PhD so quickly after a Bachelors degree and by 25 be a professor.

Well, well, college boy. You have a Ph.D. How about that? And now you're in your third year at a junior college. Impressive, green one.

I guess all that money you spent on your sheepskin was a waste, wasn't it? Apparently they can teach you to read and write, just not think. Pity, for your "students".

Age twenty five. Three years teaching at a Junior College. And you, with a Ph.D. Having finished it by age 22. Now my math isn't great, someone else help me out there (not being a college boy, myself, you understand). You really rushed through that schooling...and then colleges, universities, and institutions were probably clawing each other's eyes out for an opportunity to have someone with your mature attitude and brilliant diction teaching the youth of tomorrow.

Sure you're not a teacher's pet, er, aid, private pilot boy?

I gotta tell ya, all them letters after yer name don't impress me a whole lot, bright spark. But yer attitude sure does. Tell me something. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Latest resources

Back