My new avatar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

polysciguy9

Just wanted to take my new avatar out for a test drive ... it's MSNBC's simulation of SWA 1248 sliding off the runway at Midway ... notice the flames shooting out the back. Remind anyone of a certain SNL JetBlue skit? The simulation ended with the aircraft coming to rest on the street corner and shooting out a few small fireballs

Click on the video with the aircraft at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10388519/ to see it - it's freakin' ridiculous.

Funniest thing all day, right? Is it the dead little boy you find funny, or the destruction of property? Perhaps it's the near loss of life for the passengers, or the other injured as the airplane slid over their car?

Before anybody else tells you so, let me be the first to say you're an idiot. A bloody idiot.

Aircraft crashing and people dying isn't funny. Perhaps after you've been around long enough to have lost friends in aircraft you'll come to understand that. Perhaps one day you'll be old enough to have a six year old, and you'll rethink just how hilarious an event like this can be.

If I were you, I'd delete your post and then go hide.

I agree, its only a matter of time before you goot the Flightinfo boot for that comment

avbug said:
Funniest thing all day, right? Is it the dead little boy you find funny, or the destruction of property? Perhaps it's the near loss of life for the passengers, or the other injured as the airplane slid over their car?

Before anybody else tells you so, let me be the first to say you're an idiot. A bloody idiot.

Aircraft crashing and people dying isn't funny. Perhaps after you've been around long enough to have lost friends in aircraft you'll come to understand that. Perhaps one day you'll be old enough to have a six year old, and you'll rethink just how hilarious an event like this can be.

If I were you, I'd delete your post and then go hide.

Your reading comprehension skills suck ... I never made any comment to suggest that the accident was "funny". I'm commenting on the media's coverage of the accident (or accident's in general) ... if you haven't jumped off your soapbox yet, you'll notice that there's an entire other thread that focuses a great deal of attention to the humor in the media coverage of this tragedy. Maybe you should carry your crusade over there.

Ah, your a 737 expert and an accident investigator with your 40 hours in that C172. HAHA, we get it now. Working on your private you have no room to talk.

the video does look kind of hinky, so i'd have to side with the polysci guy with his comments on the video. But, like you guys said, it does "appear" a little crass his part to use it as a avatar.

Polysciguy, if we misunderstood the post...then why did you edit it???

polysciguy - Show some compassion! I'm not sure who is worse - EMB120ASA or you for showing your stupidity! You might try and back pedal as fast as you can or find a new forum to hang your hat - you're not welcome here with that attitude!

Lrjtcaptain said:
Polysciguy, if we misunderstood the post...then why did you edit it??? Oh, it doesn't matter, everyone will get the original in their email addresses

I edited right after I initially typed it to correct a grammar error - no one had replied at that point.

I'm going to change my avatar so the one up there won't be visible anymore. My comments are consistent, however, with others made on this site regarding how the media "disatrocizes" these accidents for the sake of drama.

Maybe you can switch it to that of an American being beheaded in Iraq - or maybe the picture of the parent carrying their child away form the SWA accident - or maybe the USS Cole with the giant hole in the side - or Maybe of the Twin Towers in rubble or maybe the pic of the 767 just before hitting the WTC. Don't be stupid bro - grow a heart if possible.

Latest resources

Back