• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My first mesa experience ;(

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like in CVG exceptions will call us and say CHQ scheduling wants OH to hold 30 minutes for a CHQ crew member, then right after that they say "but were not gonna hold, 65 is your final count". Next you see the CHQ crew standing in the windows and were off.

vballindaytona

I don't work for Mesa...I work for Chautauqua, and let me just say this if you are on one of my flights and you ever question my authority...you can do it standing at the gate watching us leave.

Plus why would a FA need to call dispatch? To ask about the weather on her days off?

Last edited:
I like in CVG exceptions will call us and say CHQ scheduling wants OH to hold 30 minutes for a CHQ crew member, then right after that they say "but were not gonna hold, 65 is your final count". Next you see the CHQ crew standing in the windows and were off.

I like it when we get left behind for a deadhead...if fact just the other day in CVG I got left behind for my DH on OH, but there were** a few more flights left. One was back to my home city, so I DH on that right home and got the next two days off. So if that was you, let me be the fist to thank you on behalf of myself and my crew for giving us an extra day or two off.

Just so you know, I never leave behind a DH crew Chautauqua, Comair, ASA or so on...thanks again for the two extra days off.

**PROPER USE OF THE WORD "WERE"

I agree she likely was a bit loud, but I'll also bet A) she was in, as someone said, "help them out" mode, B) WAY too versed the way sked at that airline works and knew that if she were at least "on the plane" she couldn't be blamed for "not being there" and C) wasn't going to be the one responsible for missing the DH.

The other day it took us 8 hrs to get on a NRPS DH. At one point our sked never resked us and we were "denied" boarding...awwwwwwww, no tears on my pillow. Thankfully we didn't have a CA America fighting for the cause--even if he had been he'd be on hold (or with the phone ringing) for an hour.

vballindaytona

I don't work for Mesa...I work for Chautauqua, and let me just say this if you are on one of my flights and you ever question my authority...you can do it standing at the gate watching us leave.

Plus why would a FA need to call dispatch? To ask about the weather on her days off?

What was that comment about Captain America? What a dork.

If someone ever "questions your authority" and you put them off for it, I hope one of us is there to see you get fired, and writes about it, big man. That should be entertaining.

No captain's authority is above questioning. That's called CRM. We're talking about fellow crewmembers here. You may have the final say on certain issues, but crew scheduling is not one of them.

needless to say, i won't be flying on a mesa airlines flight anytimes soon until their management can learn to manage something. thanks for listening to me vent! (*oh, and btw, that 900 was nice, im jealous!!!*)

Uh huh. Sure.

I don't feel sorry for passengers. You get what you pay for.

That's not how we roll at ASA. If I was the one trying to deadhead on that flight and boarded only to find the airplane full, I would have simply walked off the plane, waited for it to leave and then call scheduling and ask, "WTF?"

This is how the phone call would go....

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

CS: Scheduling, this is Laquishawanda, can you hold?
Me: Sure.

5 mins later

CS: scheduling, whachu need?
Me: uh....I need a hotel room because my DH left without me.
CS: Huh? Where are you?
Me: Is this a trick question? I'm at the airport in LAX.
CS: You're supposed to be DH'ing on flight xxxx.
Me: (trying to suppress my laughter) Yeah, I couldn't get on.
CS: But you were positive space.
Me: Yeah, I couldn't get on.
CS: Whachu mean?
Me: Nevermind. I'm going back to the hotel. Call me when you guys figure something out.

click

That is the funniest $hit I've heard on here in a LONG time. True, true, TRUE!!!

vballindaytona

It didn't sound like he was questioning the captain's authority. He was simply asking a question about a lengthy delay. As a paying passenger, I think he has that right. Kicking someone off the plane for simply asking a question is a good way to get yourself in a heap of trouble.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back