• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My EK interview is 6 days away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would be great.....But, My wife and I get in on Saturday May 31st at 645 pm local. If you are still around we will be staying at the Majestic hotel in Dubai.....

Your an MD11 Pilot? Do you know Steve McCabe. I believe he is you Chief Pilot in MEM. His Son flies with me at Pinnacle.

Take Care.

Steve's a great guy. Had beers with him in ANC a month ago or so.

I'll probably be long gone by Sat at 1845, but if not, I'll send you a message. Always good to see fellow Americans in Dubai, especially if it's your first time.

If not, good luck. I think EK is a good company with an excellent business plan. If you can deal with Dubai, you're probably going to really enjoy EK.

I'm not sure of the specifics of the example that you cite but there is no engine fire on the sim evaluation for FO's and a CRJ captain would not qualify for a DEC interview (unless he previously had gobs of time in command of something bigger - a lot bigger).

Well, the story may have gotten twisted but it came from a British sim evaluator who used to work for BMI....does that ring a bell with you?

Chair Fly a lot.

Think of your past scenarios and answer them in this format

1. Set up the scenario (I had been a captain on the crj for two years, flying out of Dallas...)
2. Explain the situation (While climbing out of Dallas we got a oil pressure low warning)
3. Explain how you resolved the situation (Ran the checklist...)
4. Explain what you learned from it (Following standard operating procedures kept us safe...)

I didn't have a engine fire on my sim eval.

Good Luck

I had an interview 4 weeks agao and I had a great time. If they like you they hire you, I do not know about that..... I made it through all three days and just got nailed in the panel interview. they can fail anybody doing that. they can ask you questions and you WILL not have an answer. I guess thats how they wash people out. If the hr girl does not like you , you can have had the greatest sim ride, do good on the psyche evaluation, do well on the group exercise, they will just bury you then. so do not expect to be a nice guy and think that will do it, it helps of course but they look at tons of other things..good luck

Well what kinds of things did they ask you that you had no answer for? Is it like good cop, bad cop? This is the first I have heard of this.

Well what kinds of things did they ask you that you had no answer for? Is it like good cop, bad cop? This is the first I have heard of this.

I just got back and did not have this problem. Go there and be yourself. I found that being polite, humble, and willing to learn worked well but I have not gotten the outcome of my interview yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. It was a great experience with a very good group of people.

CRJ pilot I live right behind the Majestic and would be happy to stop in and talk to you about Dubai.

I'm on reserve this month and need more reasons to get out!

Latest resources

Back