My EK interview is 6 days away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ200pilot

Hi.....I am going to DXB for the interview...I am very excited. I have been studying and reading everything I can for Dubai. Is there any thing else I should focus on before I come for my 1 chance in a lifetime.

Any encouragement and suggestions wil help greatly.

Like my old instructor used to say, just don't mess up, although used some different words.

Best of luck, let us know how it goes!

Hi.....I am going to DXB for the interview...I am very excited. I have been studying and reading everything I can for Dubai. Is there any thing else I should focus on before I come for my 1 chance in a lifetime.

Any encouragement and suggestions wil help greatly.

My one recommendation would be: Be yourself. If they like you, they will hire you. If not, then not.

If you try to act the way you think they want, they will not hire you.

Good luck!

One of the sim instructors has been talking about the problems that they've had finding pilots who can actually handle an emergency situation in the sim.

He cited an American CRJ captain who, for some reason, failed to turn back to the airport on an engine fire. After SEVERAL hints, the sim evaluator finally reached up and changed the heading for the return to the airport. They were 30 miles from the airport when this happened.

They kept asking, "Captain, should we turn back to the airport?"....and he didn't take the hint.

He was also at a very low altitude and descending to which the back seat evaluator playing the role of ATC asked if they were descending...to which the applicant replied "yes" and kept right on descending.

He didn't get the gig. Anyway, the sim gouges are available on the internet and the sim evaluators are apparently surprised when people show up not knowing what they are.

Last edited:
HEY CRJ200 how long you whaited since you put the papper work?? and dont forget to post your experience when you return!!! good luck men...B

He cited an American CRJ captain who, for some reason, failed to turn back to the airport on an engine fire. After SEVERAL hints, the sim evaluator finally reached up and changed the heading for the return to the airport. They were 30 miles from the airport when this happened.

I'm not sure of the specifics of the example that you cite but there is no engine fire on the sim evaluation for FO's and a CRJ captain would not qualify for a DEC interview (unless he previously had gobs of time in command of something bigger - a lot bigger).

I started my application in March. I had about 3,400 total when I first submitted my application. On April 13th I went to an Emirates information session in Detroit. I printed my online application and turned it into the HR person in DTW and scheduled my interview for June 2-4. I have Vacation from May25-June 11. So it worked out perfect. I will talk to you guys when I get back. Later on.

Going to be in Dubai next week (get in Fri am) and am flying out on Saturday. If you're around, I'll buy you a beer or two on Friday night. We (FDX) stay at the Renaissance.

Latest resources

Back