• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Dream Job is Posted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think 3blades response was dead on about what ameriflight is about. Anyone interested in going there should read that post before considering going there.
They do pride themselves on washing out newhires.

I think they also pride themselves on the fact that they have only ever lost ONE Metro.. Yeah, one is too many for me, but their training program is terrific. The Metro is a demanding plane to fly single pilot, and not everybody is cut out for it. I saw a couple people wash out, and they washed out not because AMF wanted them too, but because AMF doesnt want to send people out to their death.

They are pretty stuck in their ways, and wearing a uniform sucks, but they have a great safety record for 135 single pilot freight. Ive worked for a few 135 operators and if your looking for one that goes by the book, AMF is it.

Single pilot freight is the most fun, and most rewarding flying I have ever done(it beats the hell out of the GIV I fly now).

Last edited:
TBM,
I think you miss read or missed his point. Just my guess, the pride is that (other than the one) they train well enough that they have never lost another one. Not that they are proud of the one they lost. Again, that what I think he was saying.

Thanks for clearing that up mxer. OF COURSE what I meant was that they are rightfully proud of their training program. As a former AMF Metro pilot, I also know first hand that they take no pride in loosing airplanes. I should have known someone would try to spin what I said that way...

What was that supposed to mean?? Believe it or not there are a few of us "girls" out there that are also former AMF metro drivers.

I remember being scared sh!tless crossing a line of level 4 and 5 thunderstorms in a 310 with no radar in the south of Georgia when ATC didn't even have radar that they could use to help me with. I had to divert a few times because I didn't see how I could even safely do it. I'm not a ************************* or a girl but I still love it, and the challenge it presents.

It's seem that a lot of the people that don't like the job have never had another 135 job, and don't have any other experiences to compare it to. I have had a couple of 135 gigs and this is by far the easiest and safest 135 company I have worked for.

IMO I think that ameriflight is a pretty good company to work for. Training was hard but I think that is a good thing, like other people said single pilot night IFR is not for everyone. They make the training hard for a reason, if they let everyone that showed up in ground school fly the line then ameriflight would probably have one of the worst safety records in the industry.

Latest resources

Back