• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My dad just bought a Waco

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We had a fella stop by my airport with Waco. Thing was beautiful. What I found surprising that it was instrument certified. An open cockpit? Guess you'd get a little wet doing that. He said he'd only been in IMC once but he could it though.

I just bought Jimmy Franklin's Waco. A major selling point was the lack of mods and no damage history. I should have years of fun selling rides and doing mild aerobatics in it.

transpondersoff said:
I just bought Jimmy Franklin's Waco. A major selling point was the lack of mods and no damage history. I should have years of fun selling rides and doing mild aerobatics in it.

I'm sure you're trying to be funny, but show a little class.

U of I Tweak said:
I'm sure you're trying to be funny, but show a little class.

Your right, I am sorry. I shouldn't make jokes right now. When do you suggest I make jokes. Mod input: Actually, I'm proud to say that Jimmy Franklin was a friend of mine, and he was probably the finest hands on pilot I've ever known. Make jokes of his death on another web board but not here, not now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lead Sled said:
I helped restore several Wacos back when we were living in Ohio. The big thing is to get checked out on the round engine. It's not complicated, but you can bugger the thing up if you don't do it right.

'Sled[/QUOTEl

El correcto. If you have a couple thousand hours in a super cub, especially if some of it is from the back seat, you should have no problem. As for the annual, just get a ferry permit.

My brain is getting fuzzy, but the old Kinner 125 has a peculiar sound to it, and if I remember correctly, the primer is on the engine itself, and not in the cockpit.

www.bdkingpress.com

Can I be your brother?

Latest resources

Back