• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My airline can beat up your airline.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Besides, anyone who thinks they know what their airline will be doing in 10 or 20 years is fooling themselves and guilty of extreme naivety.
Nice touch of reality for FI. How many guys have made that big jump to the perfect job, only to find it sucks and their old airline in now being merged with a major carrier or the new place was furloughed you and you would have been Captain if you had stayed. You just never know if you made the right choice for ten years or so.

Agree with pilotyip 100% and he's been around this board long enough to watch it happen to a lot of us, myself included.

How many guys have made that big jump to the perfect job, only to find it sucks and their old airline in now being merged with a major carrier or the new place was furloughed you and you would have been Captain if you had stayed. You just never know if you made the right choice for ten years or so.

A couple of rides on that merry go round myself.....! You just never know how things will play out in this business.., or where (or what) you will consider a good job...! It would be nice not to have the same conversation over and over again about why I don't have an application anywhere...., I don't mind having a cold one with anyone but let's talk about the eye candy instead of why I should go back to an ALPA carrier shall we.......!:beer:

How is your eye candy at ANA??

Swa is actually looking up after the last year of new hires

How is your eye candy at ANA??

Swa is actually looking up after the last year of new hires

Eye candy left and right around here....!

Let me put it this way, my last trip we got stuck at customs behind a KAL 777 crew, a SIA A380 crew & an ANA 777 crew and I didn't mind one bit..!

All you needed was background music and you get a TV commercial.

I've been on this site for damn near 20 years (wow that's bad). It went to ******************** when the owner was killed. A shell of its former self.

But there's always been bickering. That hasn't changed one bit.

Well, you deny it, but you're one of the most defined by their airline- bragging about the island attitude and showing up to work in flip flops and quickest to defend HAL from any perceived slight or idea than you might be bought - honestly, it's a positive thing that hawaii oozes out of every post-
I enjoy the perspective
you probably carry the HAWAIIAN flag better than most with with SwA and the delta crowd- (of which I don't include GL- he's his own creature)

So that said- it's an olive branch then and gladly received- I hate that us vs them as well and know my posts have often not reflected that in their defensive tones.

I'll do better

Guilty as charged on here, but you have never seen me put down other airlines, just defend HA. I have acknowledged many positives about yours airline, as I say, your good at what you do and we are good at what we do....but never the twain shall meet!.
Away from here, I know a lot of people that don't know what I do for a living. My son, when in kindergarten, was asked what I do for a living, he told everyone I was a surfer! He didn't know I was a pilot! I realized how little it comes up at home at home. I have a whole separate life when I leave the airport.

If we were to measure our units by Stew Size....I win, my gorillas in the mist can take all comers!!!

Latest resources

Back