My airline can beat up your airline.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dan Roman

Is it just me or has this site gotten even worse with the whole " my airline is better then yours" crap? ........We will all defend our own airlines, that's normal. But lately there has been way too much over the top crap about my airline is better than yours. Give me a break, if you think you are defined by who you fly for and that somehow is something to be proud of, you need to get a life. It's the life you fund by flying airplanes that counts, not who you fly for.
How about returning to putting out info about everyone's respective airlines in an informative way and easing up on the ego and insecurities that make pilots need to boast that their airline is better? You like an idiot when you do.
Besides, anyone who thinks they know what their airline will be doing in 10 or 20 years is fooling themselves and guilty of extreme naivety.

Is it just me or has this site gotten even worse with the whole " my airline is better then yours" crap? ........We will all defend our own airlines, that's normal. But lately there has been way too much over the top crap about my airline is better than yours. Give me a break, if you think you are defined by who you fly for and that somehow is something to be proud of, you need to get a life. It's the life you fund by flying airplanes that counts, not who you fly for.
How about returning to putting out info about everyone's respective airlines in an informative way and easing up on the ego and insecurities that make pilots need to boast that their airline is better? You like an idiot when you do.
Besides, anyone who thinks they know what their airline will be doing in 10 or 20 years is fooling themselves and guilty of extreme naivety.

Dan, you gotta relax a bit. FI is mostly for entertainment, and then rumors. This is an anonymous board, meaning "who cares?"

If for some reason a prospective newhire wants to know actual info, they can PM someone they believe to be employed by the carrier of their choice, or just read those posts that "debate" the issues. Otherwise, the tone on here should be fun, not boring.

Aloha Dan! Relax....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I agree with you Dan. Over the last 20 years I've worked for 4 majors and 3 regionals and I can tell you unequivocally that they're all about the same. Lots of guys coming to work complaining about the company , the contract, and their wives while trying to maximize their pay and time off. The players change but the job is the same by and large.

I've also flown 8 different 121 airplanes and though there are things I like and dislike about each, the view is the same from up front.

I don't generally participate in the "my airline is better" contests because one mans trash is another mans treasure. I personally hate trans-cons and long haul international for example, but others love seeing those amazing European and Asian cities. I'd rather do 4 or 5 short legs because I still enjoy takeoffs and landings after all of these years and I like to get off the airplane and people watch every few hours.

Nobody is well served by rooting for airlines like football teams. Least of all job hunters seeking legitimate info.

You are right, there are no crystal balls and today's Leviathan may be tomorrow's Pan Am. Fly plane, get check, hope like hell you don't have to start over a bunch of times.

Good post Dan. It needed to be said!

Well, you deny it, but you're one of the most defined by their airline- bragging about the island attitude and showing up to work in flip flops and quickest to defend HAL from any perceived slight or idea than you might be bought - honestly, it's a positive thing that hawaii oozes out of every post-
I enjoy the perspective
you probably carry the HAWAIIAN flag better than most with with SwA and the delta crowd- (of which I don't include GL- he's his own creature)

So that said- it's an olive branch then and gladly received- I hate that us vs them as well and know my posts have often not reflected that in their defensive tones.

I'll do better

Last edited:
Yeah, there have been how many airline combinations over the last 15 years. I would say this is a place people can vent, as their cheese gets moved. Also it's a competitive business. We have no control or say as to what the corporate leaders do with those businesses. But I think it's OK to speculate on an anonymous message board, what you think could or could not happen.

Yeah, there have been how many airline combinations over the last 15 years. I would say this is a place people can vent, as their cheese gets moved. Also it's a competitive business. We have no control or say as to what the corporate leaders do with those businesses. But I think it's OK to speculate on an anonymous message board, what you think could or could not happen.

Some people don't want others to enjoy an anonymous web board....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back