MX tracking software

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingToIST

What is there to track the mx required on our aircraft that can be had cheap?
We are a small flight school and we just added 4 more aircraft to the fleet and we want to be able to track all the mx required in them with a PC instead of old methods..

thanks..

Ah, finally, something up my alley....

Please do not misunderstand me and some of the things I might say, but I am guessing that you are flying Cessna prop planes?

The cheapest way to track maintenance would to copy your chapter 5 (monthly and hourly and do not forget the engine(s)). Take the the chapt 5 and start entering it into an excel format with the last interval inspected and then the next internal due. It is a lot of work but once you have it all in there it will become easier to maintain.

I usually deal with larger aircraft and have maintained them with the manufacturer's recomended programs, like: CAMP, CESCOM, CMP, and CIMMS (which is now CAMP)

Although I do not think much for the company or the aircraft, Gulfstream has the best maintenance tracking system out there and the best support team of analyst.

I know that there are many lesser known programs, but something you have to think about, and hear this well, what maintenance tracking program is your aircraft going to be on whem you go to sell it? And, would you want to buy an aircraft that was maintained with the cheapest tracking system?

That might not be as big of a deal when you are talking about a 150, but when you try to sell a GIV that is not on CMP.....you will be taking a BIG loss.

I personally prefer to use an excel spreadsheet when there is only one person responsible for updating it. But MxAlert, http://www.goeag.com is good for when there are multiple users with maintenance performed in different places. Whatever you do, do not use WinAir from http://www.av-basesystems.com. That is one of the cheapest programs out there for a reason. It was the biggest pain in rear to use because it required a multiude of steps to accomplish even the simplest of tasks. But Gatorman is right, the cheapest is an excel spreadsheet.

Gatorman said:
Ah, finally, something up my alley....

Please do not misunderstand me and some of the things I might say, but I am guessing that you are flying Cessna prop planes?

The cheapest way to track maintenance would to copy your chapter 5 (monthly and hourly and do not forget the engine(s)). Take the the chapt 5 and start entering it into an excel format with the last interval inspected and then the next internal due. It is a lot of work but once you have it all in there it will become easier to maintain.

I usually deal with larger aircraft and have maintained them with the manufacturer's recomended programs, like: CAMP, CESCOM, CMP, and CIMMS (which is now CAMP)

Although I do not think much for the company or the aircraft, Gulfstream has the best maintenance tracking system out there and the best support team of analyst.

I know that there are many lesser known programs, but something you have to think about, and hear this well, what maintenance tracking program is your aircraft going to be on whem you go to sell it? And, would you want to buy an aircraft that was maintained with the cheapest tracking system?

That might not be as big of a deal when you are talking about a 150, but when you try to sell a GIV that is not on CMP.....you will be taking a BIG loss.

What MX tracking system is Gulfstream using? Just curious why it was so good.

Again....right up my alley.

Gulfstream has their own OEM maintenance tracking program called CMP.

The reason it is so good is that it is an OEM program and that their analyst that are there to support your aircraft.
I do not think that they have upgraded it in four years since I was working there, but TPX (I don't know what that stands for) is what the analyst use to track and update all the parts and serial numbers of parts installed on the aircraft.

The only thing that I do not like about the CMP system is that there is not a master sign off sheet like CAMP has when you have an inspection to accomplish.
As a crew chief on the Challengers at KC/GAC/GDAS in Dallas, having a master sheet makes it easier to take a look at the status of the inspection in a glance.
When I transfered to the Planning dept. at the big house, I input it into the work order system for the mechanics to be able to do the same thing.... i wonder if they are still doing that since they are changing over to Corridor.

P.S. Incase anybody wants to know - I HATE CORRIDOR.
I am have been working in Corridor for the past 2 years, hate it.

We use MyFBO.com for our online scheduling, maintenance tracking, and accounting.

We looked at ScheduleMaster and a few others, and they just can't beat MyFBO's capabilities and support.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Latest resources

Back