• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mvg to HOU- help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you at least read spanish. Half of the signage down there is written is written in it.

In the Clear Lake area, Clear Creek ISD is the one to go for. Friendswood ISD is good, too. Pasadena ISD isn't as highly regarded. League City and Friendswood are nice, and you get more house for your money vs. the north side of the lake, but expansion there is making traffic a bit of a pain. Clear Lake City Blvd. is the major artery to Pearland or Clear Lake City, and it suuuucks near 45 during rush hour. So does the NASA Rd. 1 exit if you don't take the bypass. If you take the bypass, there are some nice areas near NASA that are 20 minutes from HOU; 15 when they finish the new on-ramp. Do some research on flooding history - Seabrook, El Lago, and Kemah got their butts kicked by Ike last year. Nassau Bay and a few others had flooding as well.

This website is a big help for your commute:
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/

PM me if you need more info.

Last edited:
If you value culture, live inside the loop. If that's not you're thing, head up north to the Woodlands or Kingwood areas. Personally, I find it creepy up there. It's almost like being in the movie, 'Stepford Wive's".

My dad lives in Friendswood, on an airpark, Polly Ranch. Houses with runway access are under $300,000.

If you want a house on the water with a boat dock, Tiki Island. Close to Galveston. Not the best if you have young kids. Under $300,000.

Latest resources

Back