Mvg to HOU- help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

El Piloto Chido

Hi, any recommendations on where to live in Houston area? I'm finally getting back into flying- after having taken a hit, and I'm looking for something affordable. Probably rent first, buy later. Will work out of Hobby. If you know of any pilot friendly landlords I'd much appreciate it. Thx.

Just curious?

Hi, any recommendations on where to live in Houston area? I'm finally getting back into flying- after having taken a hit, and I'm looking for something affordable. Probably rent first, buy later. Will work out of Hobby. If you know of any pilot friendly landlords I'd much appreciate it. Thx.

Just wondering, what's a "pilot friendly" landlord, one that's willing to take rent in payments or cut your rent by %15 if you take a paycut?

If you don't mind the drive, Kingwood is a good area as well as the Woodlands. Single bedroom appts. in Kingwood rent for about $900/month, while the woodlands is probably over $1000/ month. Kingwood is about 35 minutes north of hobby while the woodlands is 45 mins plus. Down south, Clearlake is a good area and a much shorter commute. If you want to be around the bar / club scene check out the Midtown area or the Heights.

It depends...

Are you single? kids? Rather be close to downtown or out in the burbs? Like boating? There is pretty much something for any kind of lifestyle here. It is the 4th largest city in the U.S.

Cosign all of the above. The two woods are nice places to live, especially if you have a family, but having to drive from either to Hobby on any kind of regular basis would make me crazier than I already am. I'd definitely focus on the inner loop if you're looking for a good time, otherwise places south if you want something quieter.

Kids yes. So, maybe Friendswood, or somewhere else in the burbs. The Heights sounds pretty cool, although I've heard it can be a little 'spensive.

With a family, there are a few good neighborhoods in Friendswood that offer all the burb amenities. Close to Hobby, 15 min from downtown, 15 min to space center, and 20 min from Kemah Boardwalk. Good central location.

Heights would be fun if you are a true city type. Lots of great independent restaurants and cafes, but do your homework on the schools.

The best areas down there are Clearlake and Pearland...check them out, you won't be disappointed.

The best areas down there are Clearlake and Pearland...check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Yeah, you hope he won't be disappointed. Is that where you and your "alternative lifestyle partner" live along with your leather and chain, sado-masochistic sub-culture?

Latest resources

Back