Mutiny on Flight 613

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Actually, in WWII no one called when they saw a German wandering around, because the one's who saw the German guy were German, and everyone in town was German. Germans made up about 60% of Americans back then.

Everyone knows about the Japanese internment camps, where Americans and legal aliens who were of Japanese descent were forcibly removed to interrnment camps during the war over security fears (luckily they weren't extermination camps!).

The Feds planned to set up similar interrnment camps for those of German and Italian descent living the US also. However, after they realized they'd have to luck up 2/3s of everyone in America, which meant they wouldn't have enough troops for the military, they scrapped the plan. The did arrest leaders in the German-American and Italian-American groups and detain them for the remainder of the war, in their own special camp.

I hope they start the draft soon.

cliff
LRD

Deuce130 said:
And do you see who is always protesting outside prisons? Yep, Catholic priests and nuns.
You answered your own question. Priests and nuns are typically Democrats.

FN FAL said:
Yea you do, the pro-death penalty crowd is trying to get the death penalty in Wisconsin and there will be premliminary voting on it this state election.

And those same people oppose abortion too, right?

V1cutsrfun said:
I recently read in the American Journal that 70% off all muslims are in favor of abolishng the constitution in favor of islamic law, while 54% of the born here offspring feel the same.:angryfire
I can see that to some degree. I recently attended a sporting event and watched different people while the national anthem was played. I was disgusted. Hispanics, some Blacks, and many other ethnicities remained seated while we honored this country. We have banned the pledge from the schools, and do not teach allegiance to our country. This is the end result.

PDH said:
V1cutsrfun said:
I recently read in the American Journal that 70% off all muslims are in favor of abolishng the constitution in favor of islamic law, while 54% of the born here offspring feel the same.:angryfire
I can see that to some degree. I recently attended a sporting event and watched different people while the national anthem was played. I was disgusted. Hispanics, some Blacks, and many other ethnicities remained seated while we honored this country. We have banned the pledge from the schools, and do not teach allegiance to our country. This is the end result.
What were you doing at the sports event, worshiping false gods?

The US Government can and has allowed profiling in times of war or crisis. They envoke some sort of War Powers Act provision. This keeps people from suing via the ACLU. Once the crisis is over civil liberties are restored and the ACLU can go back to work. I say do it. Profile away! Who else but Muslims have blown up airliners lately or flown them into buildings???

Isreal's jets seem to stay airborne as a result profiling and there must be a lot Muslims trying everyday to blow them up!

splatt said:
The US Government can and has allowed profiling in times of war or crisis. They envoke some sort of War Powers Act provision. This keeps people from suing via the ACLU. Once the crisis is over civil liberties are restored and the ACLU can go back to work. I say do it. Profile away! Who else but Muslims have blown up airliners lately or flown them into buildings???

Isreal's jets seem to stay airborne as a result profiling and there must be a lot Muslims trying everyday to blow them up!

are you just stupid or do you like playing it on the internets? the supreme court ruled the japanese detainment as completely un-Constitutional, just like the current right leaning activist SC judges have been doing during this era. Your whole war powers excuse fails to hold water. Besides, I dont see any parts of the Constitution saying anything about being able to suspend any sections during "times of war"

you know what they say about people who fail to understand history...

FN FAL said:
What were you doing at the sports event, worshiping false gods?

Dude, Roy Oswalt is not a false god, maybe the anti-christ, but not a false god.

I am not for racial profiling. It simply won't work. Did you guy's forget about the US Taliban? He was born and raised in the US. Caucasian. Brought up in an average American home and still a Muslim extremist terrorist fighting against US soldiers.

There are a bunch of these converted American idiots out there with extremist views. How would you use racial profiling in those cases?

If racial profiling is a 100% fool proof solution, I'd say go for it by all means. But unfortunately it isn't.

BTW, the Muslim extremists are a minority. Not all Muslims are extremists. Not by a long shot. If they were ALL extremists, why in the world are we trying to re-build nations like Iraq and Afghanistan and give the majority in those countries back their own countries free from dictatorship, etc.?

TheBaron said:
Even though I personally disagree with many of their stances, I'm glad someone stands up to the hypocritical, loud-mouthed moral majority. Maybe some of you inbred rednecks need to read our Declaration of Independence.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-.
That was put in there so shallow minded people couldn't force their views on the minority...it is the key to the freedoms we enjoy in the US and what sets us apart from the rest.
Sure, I don't particularly like Muslims. Not to thrilled with Jews, evangelical Christians, Catholics, fat people, ugly people, people that smell funny or have bad breath, old people, short people, butch looking lesbians, etc... but it's not my place to judge them.
Vigilance is a good thing. Unwarranted fear is not. If the simple minded among us are allowed to make irrational decisions for the whole, then the terrorists have already won the war.

Can't say I support the ACLU entirely but you make a good point. These individuals are scared Sh$%-less and it shows in their posts! I guess I would be too if I only relied upon FlightInfo, FOX , CNN or any other limited, biased, information source.

Latest resources

Back