• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Must See Video - Midwest pilots furloughed after Republic takeover

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as ALPA represents both sides of the coin, this will never change. How can you represent pilots that, because of managment, are taking other pilots jobs. The job of the union is to watch out for the "pilots" as a whole. ALPA reminds me of the arms delaer that sells offensive weapons to one side and defensive weapons to the other. It's always a win-win for them no mater the outcome.

As long as ALPA represents both sides of the coin, this will never change. How can you represent pilots that, because of managment, are taking other pilots jobs. The job of the union is to watch out for the "pilots" as a whole. ALPA reminds me of the arms delaer that sells offensive weapons to one side and defensive weapons to the other. It's always a win-win for them no mater the outcome.

You do realize that ALPA doesn't represent the pilots that are receiving this outsourced flying, right?

But of course, it's always ALPA's fault. :rolleyes:

Too many douch bags out there willing to fly a RJ for poverty wages. It has destroyed this profession. I hope they like being a lifer at the commuter level.

Wow, this kind of talk again. Great. The same thing. Over and over again. The regional pilots against mainline pilots and vice versa going on for infinity. I guess that's the only way to get it out. So......Go ahead, get it out. Get it all out. Express that anger. :beer:

ALPA is a company and as such it will look for a source of income. ALPA and Prater are after who will pay the next round of golf and trip to some outlandish resort. Under ALPA the future of the profession has been destroyed. Show me a good contract that ALPA national and its subsidiaries have produced in the last 10 years. I could give you a few bad ones that will outshine your "good" contracts (UAL pay cut, CAL, NW, AWAC pay cut, XJT pay cut, demise of Midwest, collapse of LCC, humm should I go on?) The best that they can do now is have a SINGLE seniority list and set a base pay for all pilots. Otherwise we can all enjoy working for Colgan at the 16K rate for the next few years on the Q400 and the new Q capable of over 100 PAX.

Latest resources

Back