• Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Must Relocate to FL

Sticky said:
Are there many charter outfits in the southern half of FL to avoid?[/COLOR]

did you really ask that?

:eek:

uummm...ok. I guess that means there are. What are the common complaints about charter companies? Is it really that hard to find a safe fleet with an honest company and fair pay?

Gzzz...I've been out of the business too long...

Are the pay job boards the best way to find jobs in charter? Or just find company names off the internet and send resumes in the blind?

Condolences on the Florida move. The lack of mountains would kill me off, (the so-called mountains of New Hampshire are bad enough!) but your prognosis is good.

-Goose

Groundpounder said:
You can't get a cardboard box for less than $200,000 in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Palm Beach area.

Exactly....this guy obviously is not a house owner, and is misleading this guy incorrect infomation

Maybe 5-7years ago 200K would of got you a nice townhouse condo.

But not know.....AgDownUnder hit the nail in the head, but for a OK Condo its $250K+ especially in Ft lauderdale.

I'm paying $864 + utilties for a crappy one bedroom in a very dark neighborhood, and I'm not talking about the lack of street lights. But, there is more flying down here than you can shake a stick at. I'm just gonna build some time here then move back to the mountains of New Hampshire.

C601 said:
Exactly....this guy obviously is not a house owner, and is misleading this guy incorrect infomation

Maybe 5-7years ago 200K would of got you a nice townhouse condo.

But not know.....AgDownUnder hit the nail in the head, but for a OK Condo its $250K+ especially in Ft lauderdale.

I have to agree with everyone else here. SoFL is horribly, horribly overpriced.

$200k doesn't get you anywhere but laughed at.

Fuel is high, food is high, utilities are high and car insurance is in orbit. Plan on $120/month PER CAR for full coverage. This almost twice what the next most expensive area is.

But the worst is the property tax. Obscene is the only word that comes to mind. A 500k starter house (which is what 500k gets you in Broward) will run you almost 10k a year in tax. There are scores of people who are locked into their homes, because they cannot afford to reset their property tax (your tax for a homesteaded property cannot rise more than 3%/yr. If you sell and buy something else, you get nailed on the new house at the current market rate). There is a homestead exemption of $25k, but that's just pissing in the pool.

Run, don't walk from SoFL... It's a real a$$hole magnet, besides.

Nu

Latest resources

Back