• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Murray Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were 3 or 4 guys with around a 1000 hours hired into the right seat of the 8 a year or so ago. Some of those pilots had less than 100 hours multi!Rumor is that now they won't hire pilots with low time because someone had trouble during trainning.

speedbird1974 said:
Rumor is that now they won't hire pilots with low time because someone had trouble during trainning.

Imagine that. The 8 is not a beginner jet at all.

I'm a current t-prop fo at Murray. The previous post about CASA pay is dead on. I love the flying and the company. employee recomendations are highly regarded by the management, so if you know someone, have them walk your stuff in.

Well, I'd much rather have 1000 hr guys who will work their a@# off and who want to be there than more experienced "pushing retirement" guys who wait to collect their paycheck every two weeks and do the minimum, and complain all the while.

T-Gates said:
I'm guessing your buddy got hired into the right seat, it would be pretty hard to be a DC-8 Captain at 22 since you need to be 23 to get an ATP.

get 'em, T

Are Murray Air's DC-8's no longer on a FAR 125 certificate? I knew a guy over sixty that was flying captain for them a few years ago....I assume you could fly it PIC with a only a commercial, or a second class medical (if the FAR 125 Ops Manual allowed it). ATP is only required for PIC 121, and for some PIC 135 operations.

Latest resources

Back