Murray Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DX Rick

How is life there in the Casa? Typical Schedule, pay upgrade times?

Thanks
Rick

I have a friend that works there in the Casa. He loves it.

He also said they may be getting rid of them

Last edited:
There are two CASA's and about two captains and three FO's. FO base pay is 30k a year; Captain is 40k. Plus over time and per diem. Guarantee is 25 hours every two weeks. Hourly salary is $41 for FO $56 for captain for over guarantee. 5 to 9 days off a month. One hour wheels up from the time they call you. Possibility to upgrade to right seat in the DC-8. Upgrade to the left seat in the CASA depends on previous experience and demand. Also possibility to move to the Jetstream or Saab, which fly schedule runs for Chrysler.
There is a rumor about a six month contract in the US Virgin Islands flying the CASA with a possibility to sell the airplanes afterward. The CASA's are always for sale for the right amount of cash.
Life is very decent at Murray's right now, but things could change tomorrow.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for all the info.
Whats the interview like?

I'm not sure of the interview, but I imagine it's pretty layback. There is no sim check. They probably just want to know who you are.

DX Rick said:
Thanks for all the info.
Whats the interview like?

"When can you start" My 22 year old buddy just got hired into the left seat of a DC-8 there. There really is no interview from what he said. The only help he had getting in was his friend who was hired there like 5 months earlier and just said he knew a good pilot, and I guess that was good enough.

He said the upgrade is 4 years, but he thinks it will happen more quickly. I guess ground school is pretty easy because he called at 2:30 am wasted out of his mind braging that he was flying a four banger, lol. anyway, he likes it so far.

I don't know of anybody getting hired into the left seat at 22. There were a few young guys with low time hired into the right seat, but I think the new class are guys with higher time.
Trainning is like any other 121 company, and I'm sure the company will do a lot to help someone who is having a hard time, but you would have to do your part.

Do they need 900 hour F/Os per chance? I went to the website and their wasnt any mention of needing pilots in the employment section.

maybe i'm missing something but don't u have to be atleast 23 to hold a atp and don't u need atp to fly left seat on the 8. unless your 8's are 135 :) 0

As far as I know you are only required to have an ATP to flight PIC in passenger planes. The DC-8's are cargo only part 121. I don't think you need an ATP, but I'm sure the company requires it. They probably also require a DC-8 rating to be able to get hired into the left seat.

Latest resources

Back