Murphy Moose

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Billy,
My mom lived on Whidbey and I still travel there frequently.. Great place. Where are you on the Island? Where do you fly from?
I am headed to Kenmore air for my ses add-on in a couple of weeks.
Sorry about the hijack.
snowman

Last edited:
snowman ,

I live on the south end of Whidbey, fly out of the Langley field. What did you mean Hijack/, did I miss something? Are you building a Mooose?

No, i'm not building a moose. I am just getting my ses, as my long term goal is to fly floats for a living.
Where is the field by langley?
Is it paved or grass?
My mom's house is up towards Freeland.
I'd like to see the field next time i'm up there.
Thanks
snowman

GO MARINERS

Hello snowman, the field is w10. What is your moms last name/, we could be neighbors. I live on the border of Freeland and Langley. Newman rd. I have purchased the Engine for the Moose . Hopefully soon to order the kit. Billy

Billy, the house is on smugglers cove road, a mile or so north of bush point. On the other end of freeland from you. Mom's last name, Dealey.
What kind of engine did you get for the moose? Is this your first build of a plane?
snowman

rcsimpson said:
I'm waivering back and forth between the Moose and a Compair 6 myself. The Moose is one heck of an airplane although . . . .

rcsimpson, let me help you with your decision...I had a Compair 6 for three years. Let me first start by saying it is a horribly flying airplane. The guys who run the company started designing floats for ultralights, then they designed this airplane. What made me buy it? Lies, lies, lies. What they stated it would do and what it actually did were two totally different things... Poor climb performance, bad crosswind handling, inadequate elevator authority to name a few. The only way to get this airplane to operate the way they originally advertised was to put a turbine on it. $$$$$$$ Do yourself a favor and buy the Moose.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the info PurpleMember. I'm leaning toward the Moose anyway just because it's like a poor man's Beaver. If you can't have a Beaver, settle for a Beaver look alike.

Latest resources

Back