• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Murphy Moose

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm waivering back and forth between the Moose and a Compair 6 myself. The Moose is one heck of an airplane although . . . .

Cool Moose site!

I found this website the other day. This guy does a good job of documenting his building experience with the Moose!

http://n195ak.dcsol.com/

I have helped work on a Super Rebel (with the flat engine) and talked with the owner (used to fly DeHavilland Beavers with me) after he flew it for a while. He said it is an excellent plane with very good handling and short field performance. Having worked on the plane I can tell you it is built as tough as the Beaver, just a little smaller. I have been to the Comp-Air factory and was not impressed with their planes, from an off-field standpoint. Leave it to the Canadians, not Floridians, to design a tough short field plane.

Would this be a good way to build time in a float plane and which model would you recommend.How hard is it to change it from wheels to floats to skis?And would this be a good cross country aircraft?

Last edited:
If anyone has any questions at all about the Murphy Moose, we are currently in the process of building one. We aren't doing the quick build aircraft. So, we are very intimately familiar with "Murph." It is an absolutely awesome kit. Everything lines up great, and the quality of all the parts is excellent. However, the instruction manual leaves a lot to be desired. Murph is working on a fix for it. The problem is that you get two manuals. One manual is to build a super rebel. The second manual tells you how to convert a COMPLETED Super Rebel to a Moose.

If you have any questions though, please feel free to ask. We highly recommend the kit, and Murphy Aircraft has bent over backwards to help us with any questions we have had. It is truly a class outfit.

STAY AWAY FROM STODDARD HAMILTON though.

How long ago did you order your kit? Do you think that this manual is completed for the Moose at this time ? Thanks Billy

Billy,

No they have not yet come out with a new manual. However, I wouldn't let that discourage you from building. They are very willing to answer questions for you. And, in addition, there are enough people building that you could always ask the network of builders. If you do decide to do it, and have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help with any questions you might have!

TTYL
Dodo

Latest resources

Back